Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-07: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Hader retires 8 straight for a save on his birthday]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

47555789271_8d24904895_c.jpg

40589758193_b0a30b038d_c.jpg

[pre]Cubs Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Ben Zobrist (S) RF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Kris Bryant ® 3B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B 3. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

4. Javier Baez ® SS 4. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B

5. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF 5. Eric Thames (L) 1B

6. Willson Contreras ® C 6. Manny Piña ® C

7. Daniel Descalso (L) 2B 7. Ben Gamel (L) LF

8. Jason Heyward (L) CF 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Kyle Hendricks ® P 9. Zach Davies ® P[/pre]

Zach Davies: Batter (Cubs) vs Pitching Stats

Kyle Hendricks: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordinarily I might expect Braun to get a day off, but with 2 HRs in two days I hope he’s in the lineup.

Also thought Grandal might get a day off this weekend, but last night would have made more sense.

Expect to see Thames at 1B to see if he can continue the momentum from his two pinch hit HRs.

Really hoping for, but not expecting, a strong outing from Davies. Probably will have to outscore them in a slugfest to win the series.

ETA: Now that the lineup is out, I’m disappointed to see the “Sunday lineup” for a rubber game against the Cubs where it’s probaly going to take at least 10 runs to win. I don’t see the Cubs resting any of their best hitters.

At least the Brewers Sunday lineup these days is a lot better than it used to be. AAnd they will have some fire power off the bench.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Disappointed that Grandal isn’t in there since he is 8-15 the last 4 games, but I understand it since it is a day game after a night game. I wondered if he was a possibility to start at 1st today, but it doesn’t look like the Brewers are going that route with him even if he is swinging a hot bat. At least not yet.

Disappointed that Grandal isn’t in there since he is 8-15 the last 4 games, but I understand it since it is a day game after a night game. I wondered if he was a possibility to start at 1st today, but it doesn’t look like the Brewers are going that route with him even if he is swinging a hot bat. At least not yet.

I was surprised Manny didnt start last night and Grandal today.

10th game of the season and their a couple of starters, Shaw/batting .185, Aguilar/batting .148 just to name 2. I know it is early in the season, but with the April schedule being brutal, we need to get all hands on deck rolling.

10th game of the season and their a couple of starters, Shaw/batting .185, Aguilar/batting .148 just to name 2. I know it is early in the season, but with the April schedule being brutal, we need to get all hands on deck rolling.

If only BA told the whole story.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If only BA told the whole story.

What story so the full stats tell?

Let's go a step further. Shaw .667 OPS Aguilar .451 OPS

They've been struggling, no sugar coating it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well that was quick...
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator

Davies with two solid innings.

I am going have to be deconditioned to believe this game is going to be anything other than “the first team to double-digit runs wins”.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Why does Baez act like he's upset that he got walked? What a dolt.

I noticed that too. Apparently he really likes to swing and miss if that wasn't obvious

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived