Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-06: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 14-8 -- Battle of struggling bullpens]

Eye Black
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Was Burns HR prone in his minor league seasons, or is this a small sample size blip?

He gave up 11 home runs in 260.0 innings pitched in the minors. Seven of those were while pitching for Colorado Springs.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Was Burns HR prone in his minor league seasons, or is this a small sample size blip?

He was rather the opposite. His stuff certainly suggests it's noise. He'll have a normal HR rate soon enough.

Verified Member
It just seems like the only 2 or 3 mistakes he has made are hit for major damage. Hopefully just some bad luck at this point, cause he really does dominate 80-90 % of the batters he has faced

Well, there was that middle-in thigh high spinner that Bryant somehow whiffed right through for a K in the 3rd. Rock started out trying to compliment it as a nice pitch then just kinda trailed off into nothingness as he realized Burnes got away with a massive hanger to an MVP player...

Verified Member
Aguilar .154 now with a couple of catchers interference errors making it better

I'd imagine he'll get the day off tomorrow. He's hit a few at 'em balls right on the screws though the last few games.

I’m highest on Burnes out of the big 3. He is just so dominant for most of his outings. I don’t think HRs will plague him. Growing pains will happen. Guys just aren’t missing mistakes in these first 2 starts. Cubs & Cards are elite offense regardless to records so far & HRs are just part of Miller Park. Think it’s most frustrating because you want him to be lights out & he is going great then hits the HR road bump.

Kid will be an Ace. 4 pitches he can throw any count. Power fastball with high spin rate. Can locate. Is intense competitor. He will be special

As I write.... another HR.... :/

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Looking at the rotation at the beginning of the year, Burnes was the one I least expected to be removed due to performance. I'm sure they will give him several more opportunities, but it hasn't been ideal so far. He looked electric against the Cardinals other than the HRs, and there have certainly been flashes tonight. The stuff is certainly there.

Archived