Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-06: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 14-8 -- Battle of struggling bullpens]

Eye Black
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the youngsters in the rotation decision pays off down the road. Starting pitching has been awful this year.

3.28 xFIP, 6th best in the majors. 3rd in K-BB%. That kind of ability to get strikeouts and limit walks is a lot more predictive than ERA when it comes to future run prevention. High BABIP and a high HR/FB rate will revert back to the norm, and with that so will the run prevention.

Solid.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I hope the youngsters in the rotation decision pays off down the road. Starting pitching has been awful this year.

Well they have an ace, two TOR starters, and another ace when Nelson comes back tomorrow. Or something like that.

Sounds good to me, doubt Nelson back tomorrow though.

There went the tie game.

So you want our manager to make decisions assuming the pitchers will get hits?

No, I want him to make decisions that don't give the opposition one less out to get.

What? There would have been an out either way on the play

Archived