Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-06: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Burnes) [Brewers lose, 14-8 -- Battle of struggling bullpens]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I wonder if Jake Petricka is at the airport yet?

Didn't get get rocked in SA already this year?

Yeah ... but at this point, there aren't a ton of decent options, unless they want to add a guy to the 40-man roster. The only pitchers in the minors on the 40-man are Diplan, Donnie Hart, Adrian Houser, Petricka, Trey Supak, and Aaron Wilkerson. Houser just started on Thursday, Supak last night. I suppose Wilkerson could be an option, but I would guess it'll be Petricka or Hart. My hope is that they put Knebel on the 60-day DL and purchase Sanchez's contract.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Or they can add a Fa Reliever who out there still. But i hope Burnes find a way to keep the ball in the Park in his next start

Even if Kimbrel were signed, he wouldn't be ready till likely May sometime, if healthy. Yeah, that would help, but they have a pretty rough stretch of games left this month.

Taylor Williams never should've cut his hair. He's sucked from the day he did.

Lol I said exact same thing the other night

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Yeah ... but at this point, there aren't a ton of decent options, unless they want to add a guy to the 40-man roster. The only pitchers in the minors on the 40-man are Diplan, Donnie Hart, Adrian Houser, Petricka, Trey Supak, and Aaron Wilkerson. Houser just started on Thursday, Supak last night. I suppose Wilkerson could be an option, but I would guess it'll be Petricka or Hart. My hope is that they put Knebel on the 60-day DL and purchase Sanchez's contract.

Surprised that didn't happen earlier.

Really, they need to DFA Albers and Wilkerson, send Taylor Williams to San Antonio to sort himself out, and then sign Kimbrel and get Houser and Sanchez up.

I won’t give up on Wilkerson. He’s been so good in the minors, he likely just needs big league opportunities. Williams hasn’t been very good since early in 2018. If Hauser weren’t needed to be stretched out in case of injury, I’d want him in the pen

Surprised that didn't happen earlier.

Really, they need to DFA Albers and Wilkerson, send Taylor Williams to San Antonio to sort himself out, and then sign Kimbrel and get Houser and Sanchez up.

Not seeing the logic in giving up on Albers right now at all. He's earning a decent chunk of money that you're invested into him, two years ago he put up an ERA well below two and a ridiculously low Whip as well and he's pitched well this far relatively speaking.

There is no reason to still want to move him right now. In fact, he's the only guy in the current pen with sustained periods of success as a big league reliever aside from Hader at this point, and he's owed a few million. We should be hoping he's one of the answers, not looking to dump him a week into the season.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Good points. All the more reason to be thrilled with the first week+ of the season for the Brewers. You know they'll addres the pen and continue to look for guys who can get outs.

What's the scouting report in Sanchez? I see he doesn't have overpowering stuff, but that's about all I can find on him other than his minor league stats.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

The Brewers pitching is going to be a work in progress. Through the offseason they expected to have Jeffress, Knebel, and Wahl in the bullpen, and it’s hard to absorb losing all 3 of them, 2 for the season.

The starters have to do their share too. The 4 and 5 inning starts don’t help.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived