Brewer Fanatic

2019 Minor League Transaction Thread

And That
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Biloxi Press Release:

PEARL, MS – The Biloxi Shuckers, Double-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers, have made two roster moves prior to their game on Tuesday night against the Mississippi Braves. Catcher Alexander Alvarez has been activated from the injured list, and catcher Robie Rojas has been transferred to the Rocky Mountain Vibes roster.

Alvarez returns to the Shuckers after being placed on the injured list on May 14. In 16 games with Biloxi this season, Alvarez is hitting .128 with three doubles, three RBI and four runs scored. The 22-year-old was acquired by the Brewers in the Triple-A phase of the Rule 5 Draft in 2018 from the Tampa Bay Rays.

Rojas made four appearances while on the Shuckers active roster, going 4-for-12 (.308) with two doubles, an RBI and three runs scored. A 38th-round pick in 2017 by the Brewers, Rojas guided the Shuckers pitching staff to a 4-0 record in games that he was behind the plate, commanding the staff to a 2.25 ERA.

I get that Robie Rojas' job is to be that third C and bounce around the taxi squad. But other than a brief stint at AAA, he has hit everywhere he has played. Career OPS of 780 but only but only 197 PA over three seasons. What would it take to give the guy an extended look?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Via the Rattlers:

INF Antonio Piñero transferred to Rocky Mountain from Wisconsin

INF Connor McVey transferred to Wisconsin from Rocky Mountain

LHP Michael Mediavilla placed in IL retroactive to June 8

RHP Peter Strzelecki transferred to Wisconsin from Rocky Mountain

Has there been any word on Brett Lawrie? I would have thought he'd be assigned to an affiliate by now. There is some dingus on Twitter saying he's been released, but it doesn't look like it's a legit Twitter handle.

I thought when he was signed it was reported he wasn't expected to be ready till around August. Could be wrong though.

I think with us having ex-Driveline guys as our pitching coaches/coordinators, it gives us a leg up on that front. Great work by the front office in getting into that market. I think between Driveline and @Flatgroundapp, we are going to be getting some real hidden gems coming through.

Brewers Player Dev

@BrewersPD

1m1 minute ago

More

Draft signings: Devanny (15), Bender (17), Zurbrugg (27), Urbaez (29), Hardin (33), Shapiro (34), Gonzalez (37), & Nabholz (38).

We've also signed C Juan Martinez out of Barton College. All have been assigned to AZL Brewers teams

Archived