Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
Hader might have to go two tonight. Assuming we don't squander the entire eight run lead.

Would have been REALLY nice if we could have avoided using him at all, and save him for the next two games if needed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The real issue is the crews inability, when ahead early, to not pour it on, coast if you will, till opponent comes back to make the game too close for comfort. Happening this year again, like last year, far too often. Need to start burying these teams.

Hader might have to go two tonight. Assuming we don't squander the entire eight run lead.

Just maddening that we were up 8-0 and now will have to burn hader.

Arcia says not so fast! Hold my beer.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

The real issue is the crews inability, when ahead early, to not pour it on, coast if you will, till opponent comes back to make the game too close for comfort. Happening this year again, like last year, far too often. Need to start burying these teams.

This

You should probably just stop.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I don't know, I think the timing of that worked pretty perfectly ;)

Seriously. The real issue? Good grief. Last week Mark Attanasio was PT Barnum.

[sarcasm]Anyone see Arcia just jogging around those bases? It’s like he doesn’t even want to be good at this game.[/sarcasm]
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

First of all, this post didn't age well. Second of all, how can you say they hadn't "poured it on"? They scored 2 in the first, 4 in the second, and 2 more in the third. Im pretty sure thats the definition of pouring it on.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

First of all, this post didn't age well. Second of all, how can you say they hadn't "poured it on"? They scored 2 in the first, 4 in the second, and 2 more in the third. Im pretty sure thats the definition of pouring it on.

[sarcasm]Yes, but a goose egg in the 4th.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't know, I think the timing of that worked pretty perfectly ;)

The irony isn't lost.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Just saying that using one game to support your theory is not viable. This is game 8. Only two of those the starter hasn't gone 5 innings. Tonight and Peralta's poor start against the Cardinals. Pitch counts and inefficiency were a factor both times. I mean, if a pitcher is getting hit or is wild, it stands to reason they will be pulled before finishing 5, which also coincides with getting to the 3rd time through the order. They aren't doing anything a typical ballclub wouldn't do In my opinion.

And I'm just saying that far more than one game has formed my opinion. This organization flat out makes a point to avoid 3 time through like the plague and has for some time. And the data says its really smart to do so.

Archived