Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
Rewind to the 2017 season. The Brewers were reportedly on the verge of trading for Quintana (presumably giving up Brinson) when the Cubs swooped in at the 11th hour with a stronger offer. Imagine how different things could possible be right now if Theo hadn’t outbid Stearns for Q.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Please tell me somebody is up in the pen.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Son of a....

Are you kidding me? Half our 8 run lead gone. Get your head in the game, Woody!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Rewind to the 2017 season. The Brewers were reportedly on the verge of trading for Quintana (presumably giving up Brinson) when the Cubs swooped in at the 11th hour with a stronger offer. Imagine how different things could possible be right now if Theo hadn’t outbid Stearns for Q.

I think Theo is a massively overrated GM, especially around here. He gets credit for the World Series wins he has as he should, but I wonder how much has to do with fat bank accounts and circumstance. He massively whiffed on Heyward, Quintana, Chatwood, and Darvish. The Hamels trade was genius -- until he got fooled and picked up his 20M option this year.

He has mortgaged an absurd amount of young talent in Chicago to try to keep the Cubs' window open and likely turned away a possible dynasty.

We’re going to be into our pen just as early, but at least Anderson should be able to eat multiple innings.

He'll more than likely give up a homer or two, so I hope we can tack on a few more runs...

I absolutely hate watching the game on tv and hearing the cubs fans at Miller Park just as loud as the Brewers fans when things go their way. It's disgusting.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

8 run lead, would have been nice to get Woodruff to go 6 or 7...

Looks like he will struggle to get through 5.

His pitch count was already elevated before the 4th.... 5th WAS the best case, now, not so much...

Let's get a few of those back. Walk Yelich, homer Braun. That would make me happy.

Archived