Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t want to jinx it, but Jordan Baker has been very consistent (and seemingly accurate) with his strike zone so far tonight.

One of my personal favorites, Jerry Layne, the umpire at 2B tonight.

Complimenting the refs/umps by name in game?!?! This gets the prize for game thread post originality. I don't think it's going to catch on.

Should we start a thread critiquing the home plate umpire every game?

Isn't that called the game day thread.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If this game was at Wrigley they'd call it a rain out.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Should we start a thread critiquing the home plate umpire every game?

What? And cut the In-Game Thread in half?

LOL, but this would be a good way of keeping track of who the good umpires are and the ones who are gutter trash. Obviously West and Hernandez will be immediately be grandfathered into the latter. And now I'm thinking Kulpa may be too.

Cannot believe Yelich took the 2-0 pitch all the way. That was an obvious fastball pitch coming and he just watched it down the pipe.

Should have been majorly aggressive on the pitch.

Most of the time I want him swinging there too, but lefty vs. lefty against a guy who cant find the zone (walked the last 2 (including the pitcher)) with Braun on deck (vs the lefty). Yelich is an MVP for a reason. Take all the way in that situation. Braun showed why.

Yelich had even splits last year and Braun can’t hold a candle stick to him at this point in his career. Yelich should have been sitting fastball and waiting.

Thankfully it didn’t matter.

Archived