Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moose should’ve bunted. I’m not a huge bunter but a chance to make it 3-0 early would have been very nice.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not like the Brewers has a stud in San Antonio to take Thames spot... He is in the last year of his contract and he knows he has to perform. And pressure to hit has a way of bringing out the best in a player.

I think pressure is the reason he has failed to hit since last April... When he went on his big streak last year, there was no pressure. as the season went along, the pressure started to mount because he figured out that we are actually playing for a play-off spot. He hasn't hit since.

This year, we are expected to make some noise, he has done nothing...Pressure is what might be doing him in.

imo.

Totally agree. He's a total head case who gets more and more into his own head as things get worse.

Community Moderator

I don’t want to jinx it, but Jordan Baker has been very consistent (and seemingly accurate) with his strike zone so far tonight.

One of my personal favorites, Jerry Layne, the umpire at 2B tonight.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Cubs bringing back basically the same position players for the 4th yr in a row a mistake. They as a unit, regressing. Theo should of traded SOME of his position players for pitching and different everyday players. Either you go up, or down, never stay the same. They on there way down.

I don’t want to jinx it, but Jordan Baker has been very consistent (and seemingly accurate) with his strike zone so far tonight.

One of my personal favorites, Jerry Layne, the umpire at 2B tonight.

Yeah, but he did miss that low strike.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Community Moderator
I think the Descalso signing is going to prove a success for the Cubs. He was my hopeful under the radar short-term signing for the Brewers second base situation earlier in the offseason.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived