Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never seen so many people convinced a minor league player is going to come up and just rake immediately like they are with Hiura. I've seen so many of these can't miss guys whiff over the course of my life, I just refuse to count those chickens before they hatch.

Sure would be nice to be able to throw Hiura out there against Quintana tonight but it definitely makes sense to buy that every year of control. This is also why I have zero doubt he'll be up once the Super Two passes.

Agree^^

Let him hit AAA till past S 2, trade Thames(prob have to eat 3-4 mil).

Plenty of ABs for Hiura, Team better vs LHP. Save 2-3 mil. Hiura gains valuable experience for next year.

I've never seen so many people convinced a minor league player is going to come up and just rake immediately like they are with Hiura. I've seen so many of these can't miss guys whiff over the course of my life, I just refuse to count those chickens before they hatch.

This forum had Brett Lawrie in the HOF the day after we traded him. I'm sure those same people were sure he was going to be a star.

There were also people who said Ben Hendrickson was a can't miss pitcher. He managed 58 IP of 7.41 ball in his career.

Sure would be nice to be able to throw Hiura out there against Quintana tonight but it definitely makes sense to buy that every year of control. This is also why I have zero doubt he'll be up once the Super Two passes.

Agree^^

Plenty of ABs for Hiura, Team better vs LHP. Save 2-3 mil. Hiura gains valuable experience for next year.

Unless Thames does something, anything, no one is going to want him whether we pay most of his salary or not. The guy has become dead weight.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Agree^^

Unless Thames does something, anything, no one is going to want him whether we pay most of his salary or not. The guy has become dead weight.

Ok release then

Not like the Brewers has a stud in San Antonio to take Thames spot... He is in the last year of his contract and he knows he has to perform. And pressure to hit has a way of bringing out the best in a player.

Honestly the only prospect I remember as hyped as Hiura is when Braun came up.

Not like the Brewers has a stud in San Antonio to take Thames spot... He is in the last year of his contract and he knows he has to perform. And pressure to hit has a way of bringing out the best in a player.

I think pressure is the reason he has failed to hit since last April... When he went on his big streak last year, there was no pressure. as the season went along, the pressure started to mount because he figured out that we are actually playing for a play-off spot. He hasn't hit since.

This year, we are expected to make some noise, he has done nothing...Pressure is what might be doing him in.

imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

They do have more versatile players that may provide more value though.

Man what a great couple swings by Baez.

To think he was almost an MVP.

That's OK, tagging base runners is his bread and butter. Nobody has ever done it better and nobody ever will.

But but, he is the most exciting player in baseball. MEP

Archived