Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
Well, if the Cubs proved anything tonight, its that if they can get their pitching figured out at all, they have the offense to be extremely dangerous.

I'll take our lineup everyday against theirs. If you're locating your pitches they don't do well. Lots of fastball down the middle types.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silver linings:

Williams terrible and needs sent down ASAP. That my opinion BEFORE he pitched tonight.

Anderson put to bed a few naysayers tonight with his great performance. It’s awesome to have a quality 5 pitch PITCHER in our pen, now that’s what I call a weapon.

Silver linings:

Williams terrible and needs sent down ASAP. That my opinion BEFORE he pitched tonight.

Anderson put to bed a few naysayers tonight with his great performance. It’s awesome to have a quality 5 pitch PITCHER in our pen, now that’s what I call a weapon.

Slow down a bit there...

He did give up a homer, so I think GREAT is a little bit of an exaggeration. Not sure there was a lot of naysaying, but concern for the long ball is legitimate.

He held the game in check, at a time we needed him to do so, but giving up a homer, his downfall in the past, doesn't quite put his performance in the great category...

I'd like to see him come into a game and not give up a dinger, then I think calling him a weapon might be in order. It is nice having a long reliever with his experience though, just stop with the home runs please...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Silver linings:

Slow down a bit there...

He did give up a homer, so I think GREAT is a little bit of an exaggeration. Not sure there was a lot of naysaying, but concern for the long ball is legitimate.

He held the game in check, at a time we needed him to do so, but giving up a homer, his downfall in the past, doesn't quite put his performance in the great category...

I'd like to see him come into a game and not give up a dinger, then I think calling him a weapon might be in order. It is nice having a long reliever with his experience though, just stop with the home runs please...

He’s just trying to pour it on...

Verified Member
I think PIO needs to be used somewhere in the short headline game descriptor. Something like "Brewers tee off on Quintana early then PIO against their bullpen en route to...."

In my years of experience in IGTs, one thing I've learned. Reality has bearen "seems like" about 11-1.

I agree, it is why i have like half the messages in these threads blocked. You read really questionable posts by someone enough times and it is easier to just block them.

Like declaring Moustakas to be the superior 2nd basemen over Shaw just one game into the season?

Like declaring Moustakas to be the superior 2nd basemen over Shaw just one game into the season?

Not sure who said that but it is going to come down to the double play turn. Moustakas is a better fielder in general than Shaw and Shaw struggles handing hard to reach ground balls. I could see Moustakas being better, but we just haven't seen enough of the skills at 2B to know either way.

Silver linings:

Slow down a bit there...

He’s just trying to pour it on...

I said FEW naysayers, not a LOT of naysayers, point is, you should pay more attention to detail. One thing I’ve noticed in the short time I’ve been here, is people sure talk a lot out of Both sides of their mouth, but I shouldn’t be surprised, since it’s safer to do than pick a side and hold firm.

Well, if the Cubs proved anything tonight, its that if they can get their pitching figured out at all, they have the offense to be extremely dangerous.

The same could be said for the Crew...

Archived