Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black

I do enjoy sending those Cubbies fans back onto the freeway with a loss...

Let them pour onto the freeways with a dark, sad heart...

Makes me feel good.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Taylor Williams is an enigma. Love how stuff but just hasn't really worked out.

He's proof that you need more than a upper 90s fastball to be successful against major league hitters. I've been really hoping the last couple years that he would emerge as a back-end pen options, but every outing like this makes that seem further away.

If tOPS backs up that most of the runs scored over a season is pretty randomly spread out, then the claimant has to back up the claim that the team not doing the "pouring on" is actually giving some visible, measurable lack of effort to score runs when up early in the game. There's no way to measure this, and no way to dispute it.

Run distribution over 162 games is entirely random. Players on a roster get hot at different times. Players hit pitchers (as Ender said) better in the first inning. Players hit pitchers better the third time through (if they get to see a starter a third time, which is rare). If you're up by 2 or 3 runs, you're probably seeing a succession of relievers who are doing everything they can to keep the game close/manageable.

If I remember right, this is not a save situation for Claudio.....

I believe you are correct.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Man, it sure "seems like" these games are taking a lot longer to finish this year...

I have not done the proper research to back up my thought, but we have had a lot of 9 inning games this year go longer than 3.5 hours.

7-1 in their first 8. Brewers saying "hogwash" to the idea of the first month gauntlet ;)

Yup, they are really poring it on to the competition!

I do enjoy sending those Cubbies fans back onto the freeway with a loss...

Let them pour onto the freeways with a dark, sad heart...

Makes me feel good.

And make them get home late too!

another bonus...

Man, it sure "seems like" these games are taking a lot longer to finish this year...

I have not done the proper research to back up my thought, but we have had a lot of 9 inning games this year go longer than 3.5 hours.

3 of their 9 inning games have already been over 3 1/2 hours. Shorter games indeed.....

3 of their 9 inning games have already been over 3 1/2 hours. Shorter games indeed.....

Must be all the LOOGYS

OMG enough with the pouring it on posts. I've tried to avoid the topic but I will just give my two cents on this. Nobody can deny that there have been alot of games over the past few years where they have jumped out to an early lead only to put up zeros for five six innings at a time, allowing the opposition to make a game of it. I won't go so far as to say they need to "pour it on", but I would be happy if they could even manage one run every other inning from the third inning on.

This quote applies to every single team in the league though, that is why it is so silly. Yes teams get off to leads and don't pad the leads all the darn time, all teams in baseball do it. This isn't some thing unique to the Brewers which is just absurd to believe. It is the opinion of someone who is watching baseball on level 1 to use a poker term. The more you understand the game the more absurd opinions like this are. When you start to think about the game at level 2 or 3 or even 4 these kind of things just don't matter anymore.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Almost had me on this one!

I vote most arrogant post, maybe all time record breaker^^^

Nah you can’t be serious, this has to be a joke, right?

Maybe your the male version of “Lucy”.

Verified Member

A lot more good than bad that game. Great to see Grandal, Perez and Arcia have good games. The bad parts of our bullpen were bad, but we still got a win. The easiest in-season "fix" to a weak part of the roster is the bullpen.

I was worried about this series--seemed like a lot of things were about to pop at once (for both us and the Cubs). Winning game 1 makes it impossible to be a disaster, anyway.

Archived