Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
Polanco with the cycle

Is it bad if my first thought was Placido Polanco, my second thought was is he still playing and my first action looking up which Polanco actually hit for the cycle?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks Like i've joined another "you can't complain about the brewers during these threads" because we're doing well and did well last year. I guess that's a sign we're a successful team.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Looks Like i've joined another "you can't complain about the brewers during these threads" because we're doing well and did well last year. I guess that's a sign we're a successful team.

You can complain about them, the complaints just need some sort of basis in fact. When you just make up random crap with no data backing it up people should complain.

You can complain about them, the complaints just need some sort of basis in fact. When you just make up random crap with no data backing it up people should complain.

I agree with you, but we don't exactly live in a world of facts anymore. See politics.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

You have any data to back that up?

You have any data to contradict it? The Brewers were well above average in the 1st innings of games last year. They were below average in the 2nd inning but well above average in the 3rd inning. They were below average in the 4th inning. They were about average in the 5th and 6th inning. All of those are considering tOPS+ There is no pattern here at all, it is just random noise. They were a team that jumped on pitchers early and then had inconsistent results from that point on against starters just like everyone else. They were stronger than most in the 8th and 9th as well which feels just random.

well to be fair to the other position, the claim is not about average runs/inning over the whole season. It was more like when they score big early they stop scoring at all the rest of the game. I was trying to figure out a way to easily disprove this but it is difficult so I gave up. I think overall the claim feels worse as a Brewer fan and it is likely grossly exaggerated, however it also seems similar to the complaint of "playing to the competition" or something along those lines, but that does not really seem like a thing with baseball as much as football where you usually hear that.

Since the pouring it on crowd started this they need to mine the data and prove their side

well to be fair to the other position, the claim is not about average runs/inning over the whole season. It was more like when they score big early they stop scoring at all the rest of the game. I was trying to figure out a way to easily disprove this but it is difficult so I gave up. I think overall the claim feels worse as a Brewer fan and it is likely grossly exaggerated, however it also seems similar to the complaint of "playing to the competition" or something along those lines, but that does not really seem like a thing with baseball as much as football where you usually hear that.

Since the pouring it on crowd started this they need to mine the data and prove their side

I definitely agree that it is really hard to prove one way or the other. I decided to look at it and didn't really know where to start so just went with the tOPS+ which is certainly an imperfect method.

Polanco with the cycle

of course, it's the first time I have benched him on one of my fantasy teams...

I dropped him for a spot start by a Catcher. He was just a bench guy for me so no big deal but certainly bad timing since my normal 2B didn't have a game.

You have any data to contradict it? The Brewers were well above average in the 1st innings of games last year. They were below average in the 2nd inning but well above average in the 3rd inning. They were below average in the 4th inning. They were about average in the 5th and 6th inning. All of those are considering tOPS+ There is no pattern here at all, it is just random noise. They were a team that jumped on pitchers early and then had inconsistent results from that point on against starters just like everyone else. They were stronger than most in the 8th and 9th as well which feels just random.

It's easy. Go read the message boards for other teams. You see the exact same complaint.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

In my years of experience in IGTs, one thing I've learned. Reality has bearen "seems like" about 11-1.

I agree, it is why i have like half the messages in these threads blocked. You read really questionable posts by someone enough times and it is easier to just block them.

Archived