Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 13-10 -- Brewers tee off on Quintana early en route to tallying 15 hits and 5 HRs in slugfest]

Eye Black
Verified Member
The fact anyone believes the problem with a team is some sort of inability to pour it on when ahead is so absurd that it baffles the senses that someone actually said it. There are a lot of ways a team is good or bad but pour on ability is not a real thing.

It sure gives the game thread a kick in the pants though

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone explain why Maddon is using his best reliever Cishek down 5 runs? Not that I’m complaining but that seems like a bad use of resources.

Desperate men in desperate times do desperate things.

I agree but I'm not sure what he's supposed to do. That pen is a train wreck right now.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Actually Woodruff is the ace. Burnes, Peralra, and Nelson are TOR starters. Davies, not sure. Cy Young maybe?

Ah, right. I had forgotten who was what at this point.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The fact anyone believes the problem with a team is some sort of inability to pour it on when ahead is so absurd that it baffles the senses that someone actually said it. There are a lot of ways a team is good or bad but pour on ability is not a real thing.

I totally get the complaint that this team often puts up a crooked number early, then proceeds to go dormant for a long stretch of the game, while the opposing team chips away. It happened a ton in 2017 ... less often last year. But that's baseball.

I defend this going on 2 year observation, I’m sure Pina and I aren’t the only ones. You can try and crush me all you want, and I’m sure you will continue to try, if I’m wrong I’ll admit that I am, now we’ll just have to see about you, now won’t we.

Your woody and the HOF comment telling.

I totally get the complaint that this team often puts up a crooked number early, then proceeds to go dormant for a long stretch of the game, while the opposing team chips away. It happened a ton in 2017 ... less often last year. But that's baseball.

I get it too, but it isn't just a Brewer thing. Scoring tends to be at its highest in the first 2 innings and then in the middle innings. Pitchers get hit early before they find their groove and then again their 3rd time through the order. Trying to force this into a Brewers only thing is just not understanding the game.

I defend this going on 2 year observation, I’m sure Pina and I aren’t the only ones. You can try and crush me all you want, and I’m sure you will continue to try, if I’m wrong I’ll admit that I am, now we’ll just have to see about you, now won’t we.

Your woody and the HOF comment telling.

That was my comment. And proving you're right or wrong about "pouring it on" is futile. How can that possibly be defined when you used tonight as an example? A game where they scored 8 runs in 4 innings?

Finally, you watch the Brewers every day, that's called familiarity. If you watched any other team consistently you would likely come to the same conclusion.

Well that makes 3 of us, silent majority it is.

Archived