Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim LHP Donnie Hart

Doesn't really seem to me to have the extreme splits you would want in a straight LOOGY. More like a poor man's Dan Jennings which is not much of a compliment considering Jennings is looking for work. Meh. Just depth as you said, probably very expendable.

An optionable reliever with ML experience. He showed promise a not too long ago, so I'm sure the Brewers are hoping for a change of scenery improvement or lightning in a bottle. I'm certain that he will get at least one stint in Milwaukee, when the pen is overworked.

Flashed higher K/9 totals in AAA the last two years. Maybe the Brewers think they can tweak something and get a good reliever.

The days of questioning ANY transaction by our front office are over for me. At worst it’s experienced left handed depth stashed, at best you could be right and maybe we see something again that can be adjusted or tweaked.

Verified Member

The projection systems like him quite a bit (for a back-end RP type):

Steamer, 8.1 K/9, 2.9 BB/9, 3.69 ERA, 3.85 FIP

THE BAT, 8.1 K/9, 2.9 BB/9, 3.27 ERA, 3.45 FIP

What organization has Oliver Drake? Hart appears to be the the left handed version.

DRAKE Career Whip: 1.45 H/9: 9.3 HR/9: 0.9 BB/9: 3.8 K/9: 9.9

HART Career Whip: 1.50 H/9: 10.3 HR/9: 0.9 BB/9: 3.4 K/9: 6.0

Hart seems like they type of pitcher the team would call up after a lengthy extra inning game or following a double header. If Drake's production provides any indicia of anticipated performance of Hart; let's hope the Brewers never need him.

Archived