Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-03: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Peralta pitches a gem ~ 8.0 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 11 K]

Eye Black
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well-done Brewers! SWEEEEEEEEEEP!

Peralta to Wilson is just how you draw it up. Bring on Chicago!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nice to stick up up Derek Johnson's butt!!

Why? I mean I'm happy to beat the Reds but what against DJ?

Yeah, what was the problem. He was a free agent and it sounds like Cincy gave him a lot more money than the Brewers were going to, IIRC. I'm just glad that our pitchers were a sliver better than his pitchers this week. But the Reds only gave up 5, 3, 4, 4, 1 runs so far this season. So it looks like he is doing his job so far - I'm sure Cincy fans will take a little under 4 runs per game for the rest of the year. Of course if they got good enough pitching, their hitting would probably fall apart. ;)

What a game! I have a feeling we will get this clunker and a gem from Peralta often.

I think that may be the case as well. I know somebody else mentioned Peralta having the lowest floor and ceiling, however in my opinion he has the lowest floor but the highest ceiling so there could be some peaks and valleys.

What a game! I have a feeling we will get this clunker and a gem from Peralta often.

That is how I have seen him going into the year. I expect a lot of blow ups from him...but at the same time he pretty much was the reason we won today. You give and take. I hope less clunkers and more gems though.

If Freddy can find a way to be average when he’s not on, he’s going to have a tremendous career. I suppose you could say that about a lot of folks but when Peralta is on, whoa.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member
Sweep! Great season so far. The young starters are doing well. New bullpen guys are doing well. Dare I say that we have the best GM in the sport to get the Crew this far and the fans are loving this team the past two years.

If Freddy can find a way to be average when he’s not on, he’s going to have a tremendous career. I suppose you could say that about a lot of folks but when Peralta is on, whoa.

Maybe it is coincidental, but he reminds me of Wily Peralta in that exact sense. When Wily was on he was good, but then was total garbage other times. I could see him putting together a flashier version of Wily's 2014 season.

For the record, I think Freddy is better than Wily...just that inconsistency is familiar.

Also nice to see Freddy ramp it up to 96 today after sitting at 92 last week. He looked like a completely different pitcher, as I suppose young pitchers often do.

He averaged 93 last game. I have no idea where you think his lack of velocity is coming from.

Archived