Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-03: Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 1-0 -- Peralta pitches a gem ~ 8.0 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 11 K]

Eye Black
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have always gotten the jist Arcia thinks his defense is just going to carry him on an MLB roster as long as he wishes. I don't know, all last year and to start the year he doesn't really look like a guy who is sporting a .550 OPS.

You would have think that getting demoted to AAA would have gotten the message through to him.

It's mind-boggling to me that a 24 year old who had a .576 OPS last year and is rosterable on an MLB team only because of his defense would risk his entire way of life by not hustling.

Someday he might get sent down to AAA and never make it back up. What he has could be taken away at any time and he doesn't seem to get it.

Yeah... it may be time to sell Arcia high.

Also, this fanbase is going to LOVE Ben Gamel by the end of this year. He's Russell Branyan, Brady Clark, Keith Ginter and and Nate Orf all rolled up into a shaggy one.

This made my day, thanks!

P.S. You left off Trent Durrington!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I have always gotten the jist Arcia thinks his defense is just going to carry him on an MLB roster as long as he wishes. I don't know, all last year and to start the year he doesn't really look like a guy who is sporting a .550 OPS.

You would have think that getting demoted to AAA would have gotten the message through to him.

It's mind-boggling to me that a 24 year old who had a .576 OPS last year and is rosterable on an MLB team only because of his defense would risk his entire way of life by not hustling.

Someday he might get sent down to AAA and never make it back up. What he has could be taken away at any time and he doesn't seem to get it.

This would be the complete opposite of selling a player high.

He's still not that far removed from a monster post-season.

If he has a very long slump...

Right now, it's a relative high.

The good news: Freddy Peralta has saved the bullpen today.

He's still not that far removed from a monster post-season..

All this statement makes me think of is Jeff Suppan.

And that isn't a good thing.

Anyone want to take a stab guessing the last two pitchers to throw CGSO for the Brewers? They did it the same season (one did it twice that year).

I'm pretty sure Gallardo had one where he also scored the only run of the game, maybe back in 2011ish time..not sure. I dont think Grienke had one for us but he did have the game where he allowed 0 R in 9IP but was removed for extras I believe. So Ill say Gallardo and Wolf?

He's still not that far removed from a monster post-season.

If he has a very long slump...

Right now, it's a relative high.

The good news: Freddy Peralta has saved the bullpen today.

He's had a great outing. But the bullpen isn't saved yet. They'll need to pitch at least the ninth, and extras are a serious possibility here.

Really nobody gives up big value based on a good postseason anymore. GMs are smarter than that these days

I don't know what Arcia's value is these days but I know it's not close to when he was a top 10 prospect in baseball.

Anyone want to take a stab guessing the last two pitchers to throw CGSO for the Brewers? They did it the same season (one did it twice that year).

I'm pretty sure Gallardo had one where he also scored the only run of the game, maybe back in 2011ish time..not sure. I dont think Grienke had one for us but he did have the game where he allowed 0 R in 9IP but was removed for extras I believe. So Ill say Gallardo and Wolf?

I am still angry about this one because he should have been sent out for the 10th. I don't remember the exact historical significance, but that would have been one heck of a rare feat in today's game. He was only at 100 pitches.

Archived