Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (DeSclafani) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Arcia hits opposite field 3-run HR]

Eye Black
can't keep winning every game by one run. Hopefully Hader works through this

Is my MLBtv feed that far behind? Just a runner on 1st after a full count yeah? Doesnt seem like "much" to work through. :shrugs:

2 outs now...both k's.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can't keep winning every game by one run. Hopefully Hader works through this

I mean they can, it's just gonna be very very hard. In general, on the arms, and our blood pressures lol.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I know it's a joke but it's Monday and Tuesday night, like 45 degrees and April. Without a roof I'm not sure we'd draw a whole lot better.

We wouldn’t. Not sure why we’ve made a big deal out of this around here.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So I guess Hader is just a closer now?

Who would you rather have pitch in this spot right now?

Well the question is why didnt he pitch the 8th against the heart of the order? I guess Guerra was looking pretty good, but last year he was more of a "relief ace" who was used in the most important situation rather than just waiting for the 9th regardless of the situation. I guess the main difference was Knebel/JJ available to be the closer last year

2 run lead in the 8th as well, plus Hader did pitch yesterday and as others have pointed out there isn't anyone else behind him I'd feel better closing out the game. On full rest maybe this is the type of game you give hader the last 6 outs - but the brewers need other pen arms to take larger roles until JJ hopefully gets back into the fold.

I know it's a joke but it's Monday and Tuesday night, like 45 degrees and April. Without a roof I'm not sure we'd draw a whole lot better.

We wouldn’t. Not sure why we’ve made a big deal out of this around here.

Because:

a) We would draw better. Notably less than we do with the roof, but we would draw better than this. It helps we are way more used to colder weather than Ohio folks

b) We have a roof so we can make fun of what others don’t have

First weekday night game of year in 2000, last season at County: attendance 7,007

You can’t compare that to the Reds. The fanbase is totally different than it was back in the 2000era. Since being relevant again we bottomed out at worst 2.35mil in 2016. That team in 2000 drew like 1.50mil.

Today’s fanbase would not have 7k show up.

So I guess Hader is just a closer now?

Who would you rather have pitch in this spot right now?

Well the question is why didnt he pitch the 8th against the heart of the order? I guess Guerra was looking pretty good, but last year he was more of a "relief ace" who was used in the most important situation rather than just waiting for the 9th regardless of the situation. I guess the main difference was Knebel/JJ available to be the closer last year

And Burnes/Woodruff in the bullpen. We lost most of the top RP in the bullpen, the roles are going to have to change.

I'll take 5-1, but it feels like stealin'. Doing juuust enough to win games.

Cards and Reds are both solid teams (Cards moreso than the Reds). These count the same as winning 10-2

They count the same but they take a much different toll on the team. Playing constant close games means you have to put your best players in more often and for longer and keeps your team less rested than you would like.

First weekday night game of year in 2000, last season at County: attendance 7,007

You can’t compare that to the Reds. The fanbase is totally different than it was back in the 2000era. Since being relevant again we bottomed out at worst 2.35mil in 2016. That team in 2000 drew like 1.50mil.

I am not saying it is a perfect comparison, just the closest we have, plus I don't know the weather for that 2000 game.

Meh..

1992 Milwaukee Brewers.

Opening Day Attendance 52,470

Next Night Attendance 8,385

1982 Milwaukee Brewers

Second Home Series Attendance (Wed and Thu)

It happened.

Archived