Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (DeSclafani) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Arcia hits opposite field 3-run HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why didn't Aguilar just throw it home

That wasn't hit very hard at all. Did he have a legit shot at that play?

It was a force out, looked easy on the replay to me at least

I didn't really notice how hard Votto was running. I would still take the sure thing there.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I don't think anyone thinks he's been a great hitter. It seems odd to go HAM on how much he sucks after a home run. If he were 0-600 I'd have enjoyed that dinger all the same.

It’s like anything else on this forum. If you are going to go 150% HAM one direction trying to stick it to someone else they are going to do the opposite right back.

I don’t think anyone didn’t enjoy that homer.

2016: Arcia "called up to soon" at 21. Hits 219/273/358 over 216 PA for a 66 OPS+.

2017: Full time starter at SS hits 277/324/407 for an 89 OPS+. League average for SS was 264/319/419. Best month was June at 326/370/478 in 100 PA. Sure, it was only 100 PA, but it's still more than 17.

2018: Terrible over first 212 PAs at 197/231/251. Demoted. Hits 290/320/386 in 154 PA upon his return then 333/353/606 in 34 postseason PAs.

So yes, in aggregate, he's been bad for his career & bad in a miniscule sample to start the season & has often looked completely lost, but there have also been stretches of varying lengths where he has performed adequately or even better & shown flashes of the tools he posseses that just need to be unlocked more consistently.

2019 forward: I'd say there's about a 50% percent chance he hits below league average for a SS, 35% chance he hits between league average for a SS & a 100-110 OPS+ which leaves about a 15% chance he hits for above a 110 OPS+...which would be pretty cool.

I thought Arcia really bailed out Counsell there because pinch-hitting for Gamel there with Braun against the lefty Zach Duke seemed like an automatic move to make that he did not make.

Don’t think that’s an automatic move. They would just bring in a righty to face Braun and then Braun plays 4 innings on his day off. I thought it was too early for that move. Maybe in the 8th or 9th.

The TV announcers said that nobody was warming up in the bullpen at the time, though.

Archived