Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (DeSclafani) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Arcia hits opposite field 3-run HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God I love when stuff like that happens. Crow. Lots of it.

I mean, the guy is still 1 for 17 so it doesn't really change anyone's point. Obviously the 1 was in a very big situation which obviously everyone is happy about.

I mean, the guy is still 1 for 17 so it doesn't really change anyone's point. Obviously the 1 was in a very big situation which obviously everyone is happy about.

It’s 17 at bats.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Que the "that still doesn't make Arcia a good hitter" takes.

lol well, it doesn't, soooo...

rickey you're not supposed to look at >1000 PA, look at a handful in Sept 2018, and 1 AB tonight ... that's objective

It’s 17 at bats.

Which is why i was citing his career numbers in the discussion about him.

Lorenzen better do some more curls...

Arcia hit .277 with 15 HR in 2017 over 500+ at bats. With his glove, that would be great. He has the ability, just has to put it together. I still think he has a bounce back year.

It's so annoying when a guy does something good and certain people stick to ripping him anyway. So maybe he still isn't good, but how is it any fun being that miserable.

No one would continue to rip him if people didn’t have to act like people are wrong because he manages one hit off a dead slider that ended up like a BP pitch. That’s the only reason people reply back with more “ripping on him”.

If Arcia is going to be good that PA is an expression of how he is going to do it though. If he can drive the ball opposite field it makes him such a better hitter. He just hasn't shown he can do it consistently at all. Hopefully that's a start of good things.

It’s 17 at bats.

Which is why i was citing his career numbers in the discussion about him.

Yeah, plenty of players have begun their careers in the mid .600’s for an OPS. HOF’er and Brewers legend, Robin Yount is one of them. Guy was a bad hitter to start. Got experience and grew as a player. Hopefully Arcia does the same.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If Arcia is going to be good that PA is an expression of how he is going to do it though. If he can drive the ball opposite field it makes him such a better hitter. He just hasn't shown he can do it consistently at all. Hopefully that's a start of good things.

Agreed. He'll typically roll that over to the SS. Has to go the other way.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Agreed. He'll typically roll that over to the SS. Has to go the other way.

Problem is I'm not sure he was doing that on purpose. I think he has it in him, but time will tell.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I thought Arcia really bailed out Counsell there because pinch-hitting for Gamel there with Braun against the lefty Zach Duke seemed like an automatic move to make that he did not make.

Don’t think that’s an automatic move. They would just bring in a righty to face Braun and then Braun plays 4 innings on his day off. I thought it was too early for that move. Maybe in the 8th or 9th.

Verified Member
Why didn't Aguilar just throw it home

Yeah it seems like with the force out he should have been able to get him pretty easy. That said, if he DOESN'T get him it could be a game losing type play.

Archived