Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-02: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (DeSclafani) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Arcia hits opposite field 3-run HR]

Eye Black
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun doesn't get that Gamel fly snag, methinks!

Either does Domingo which is the real comparison.

True, with that said, Domingo is off to a fantastic offensive start. No offense to Gamel.

Are the arms of the 2nd base umpire paralyzed?

I was thinking about it and Im not sure Cain was ever tagged, thus no need to signal I believe.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I can't take another zero stick season out of Arcia. He doesn't need to be a Silver Slugger, but he can't be another 9 spot in the order yet again like he was last year. If this continues, Dubon is worth a look. Orlando does not have guaranteed rights to SS for his entire career here.

Dubon and Arcia should switch teams tomorrow. Dubon will hit at least a little, and maybe a lot. Arcia can try to figure things out in AAA.

They should just release Arcia. If Alcides Escobar could only get a minor league deal with the White Sox, there is absolutely no market for Arcia...

Dubon and Arcia should switch teams tomorrow. Dubon will hit at least a little, and maybe a lot. Arcia can try to figure things out in AAA.

Dubon is coming off a serious injury and hasn't played since last May. He's not the answer yet.

Ya forgot.

Wow I can see who the new Sogard is this year. Just release Arcia? Good god. 2nd best hitter in September, only to Babe Yelich. And best hitter in the playoffs.

Arcia is still young, he will hit more consistently. Im all in on him. That doesnt mean he wont go down a couple times again this year, he probably will.

Wow I can see who the new Sogard is this year. Just release Arcia? Good god. 2nd best hitter in September, only to Babe Yelich. And best hitter in the playoffs.

Arcia is still young, he will hit more consistently. Im all in on him. That doesnt mean he wont go down a couple times again this year, he probably will.

He's got 1145 Major League PAs under his belt now and has a .653 career OPS. He wasn't a particularly good hitter in the minors. While it's possible he could improve his hit tool at 25, 26, there's a growing possibility he just isn't going to be a good hitter.

He's got 1145 Major League PAs under his belt now and has a .653 career OPS. He wasn't a particularly good hitter in the minors. While it's possible he could improve his hit tool at 25, 26, there's a growing possibility he just isn't going to be a good hitter.

No question. But Im not even looking for good, acceptable would be acceptable.

I'm not sure he will. I never liked his bat in the minors. I know he is only 24 but usually by the time a player has 1500 PA in the big leagues he has shown his potential. He will cross that mark sometime this season and he really hasn't shown anything yet.

Archived