Brewer Fanatic

Keuchel & Kimbrel in Milwaukee Today?

sveumrules
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The toll booth story was also a lie.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. People have spent time and effort creating satirical posts for April Fools day. Not a 2 sentence lie.

This was not a joke, this wasn't satire, this wasn't funny in any way shape or form to anyone but the person who wrote it.

Seriously? It's April Fool's day. The idea is to fool people. He was able to do that to a few people. Not sure its something to get all worked up about.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Making up stuff and blatantly lying to people is not a joke.

There's at least a post or two like this every April Fool's day, and has been pretty much for the 15+ years I've been following this board. It's tradition.

Yes. People have spent time and effort creating satirical posts for April Fools day. Not a 2 sentence lie.

This was not a joke, this wasn't satire, this wasn't funny in any way shape or form to anyone but the person who wrote it.

https://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/brewers-cubs-toll-april-fools.html

In an effort to shed Miller Park's reputation as "Wrigley Field North," the Brewers have imposed Milwaukeeans-only ticket sales for games against Cubs. But their latest gambit might be their boldest yet: The stadium has installed special tollways at Miller Park, exclusive to Cubs fans.

"We've had enough of these loud Chicago fans, coming up here with their Old Style and their obnoxious cheers and their dumb flags and their second-place MVP finishers," said Brewers president of business operations Rick Schlesinger. "It's time they pay for the wonderful, actually halfway-decent, non-ivy-infested facilities we offer."

The tolls are simple: Any person seen entering the Miller Park lots with an Illinois license plate is charged $1.50, with toll fees increasing from there. Kris Bryant jerseys will cost fans an additional $2.14, Javier Baez uniforms incur a surcharge of $2.71 and Anthony Rizzo shirts will cost a Cubbie $3.08. Only exact change will be accepted.

I would say you must be fun at parties, but with this personality I doubt you ever get invited.

Making up stuff and blatantly lying to people is not a joke.

There's at least a post or two like this every April Fool's day, and has been pretty much for the 15+ years I've been following this board. It's tradition.

Now I think YOU must be joking.

I fall for it every year even though I know it happens every year. This one had a slightly higher chance of being true but I think this is the first time I didn't swallow it hook line and sinker.

I know some people don't like it but it's never done in a mean spirited way here. Nothing baseball related is life or death even if someone does fall for it.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I find the OnMilwaukee April Fools articles to be lame and unfunny

With you. I think the message board schtick here is a little bit of fun, usually gets me initially. The OM stuff is stupid and they ran like 45 of them thus defeating the purpose. I think it's funny when you work one in and people believe it, like the famous one about the fake pitcher in SI.

For those of you that find this offensive, I recommend just not posting on the one day a year that the one or two of these that show up are acceptable. Maybe go do a sudoku or something.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

For those of you that find this offensive, I recommend just not posting on the one day a year that the one or two of these that show up are acceptable. Maybe go do a sudoku or something.

Or scream at people to get off your lawn.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I will never forget that one where they pranked the pitcher he was being traded to Japan for like cash consideration. That one was rough...really got him going.

Can’t remember if it was on April 1st or just a prank.

A friend of mine works for the company that handles Brewers/Bucks charter flights & just texted me that Keuchel & Kimbrel are both listed as arriving later this afternoon.

Face to face negotiations? Maybe coming in for physicals?

I was fooled by this one completely... I thought the joke was that he had a friend!....

JK ;)

You are the most hip dude I know. You're so hip you must have trouble seeing over your pelvis.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Or people could stop posting asinine, childish threads on April 1st. I vote for that.

Or people could stop posting asinine, childish threads on April 1st. I vote for that.

Keep yellin' at that cloud!

Well that's not gonna happen.

Meh, it is pretty innocuous, and I don't think worth getting upset over.

Plus...really...if you didn't 100 expect someone to do this today, that's all on you. I expected a "Kimbrel signed 3/62" type post.

It's April Fools day and we're talking about a kids game(baseball).

To those who are so upset about this, are you upset about it not being true or that you fell for it?

An April Fools joke isn't about humour (like a regular joke), it's about tricking people in a harmless way and laughing about it afterwards. He got you - it's OK... it's nothing to be upset or embarrassed about.

It's not as if someone stuck a paper fish to your back like the do in France... (only the French would think that was funny...) :rolleyes

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Archived