Brewer Fanatic

2019-04-01: Brewers (Davies) at Reds (Roark) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Braun drives in go ahead run in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reds attendance these days is getting more and more depressing every April.

Weird how their half-assed attempt to contend isn't leading to better attendance.

If they were crappy I’d get it, but it’s opening week and they have made significant improvements in the off season.

I think that their significant improvement is significantly over hyped.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Reds attendance these days is getting more and more depressing every April.

Weird how their half-assed attempt to contend isn't leading to better attendance.

Reds home opener 2018: 43,878

Reds home opener 2019: 44,049

Reds 1st Sunday 2018: 10,355

Reds 1st Sunday 2019: 18,737

So far, so good.

Three home games into the season is probably a little early to say if the Reds efforts to go from "literal worst team in MLB over the last five years" to "maybe somewhat respectable" will lead to increased attendance or not, but I'd imagine if they win some games people will come out & if they don't they won't.

Cubs down 4 after 1 .....

1st inning included four hits, one walk, and four earned runs against the recently extended Kyle Hendricks.

Two errors in the inning. Looks like all of the runs were unearned according to the box score.

Baez with one error. I have him in our Mendoza league at work.

Community Moderator

1st inning included four hits, one walk, and four earned runs against the recently extended Kyle Hendricks.

Two errors in the inning. Looks like all of the runs were unearned according to the box score.

Yeah, my fault... misread the box score.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Arcia has some of the worst at bats I’ve ever seen from someone paid to play baseball.

For sure.

I really want to be positive with this kid, but he just doesn't look like a hitter. He is still so young, time to figure things out, but will it be with the Brewers?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Arcia the first overall pick?

Verified Member
I would have been happy if Arcia did anything other than wave at the low and away slider in the dirt. If Roark would have dotted the fastball on the corner and Arcia watched it for strike 3 I think I woulda been okay with that, considering everybody knew the low and away slider was coming. Except for him.

Archived