Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-31: Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Burnes) [Yelich’s 4th HR in 4 games; Burnes records 12 K’s; Comeback walk-off win on Yelich double]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
A really nice at-bat by Pina there. I'm trying to stay positive about Thames and Aguilar but I really am not happy we went with them going forward. I just don't think they are very good.

Aguilar was the perfect candidate for selling high. I think he just has a first half to remember that he'll never come close to duplicating. Maybe his second half lowered his trade value, or maybe not, but it looks to me like the right side of the infield is a liability.

There's just not much of a market out there for power hitting corner IFs/OFs. Its become not too difficult to find a guy you can stick at 1B who can provide 30 HRs if given 600 plate appearances.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun not happy with his single... "that's ***** terrible" as he is talking to our first base coach.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

1st base could be our new black hole this year.

Hopefully it doesn't get to this point, but I don't think Shaw at 1st, Hiura at 2nd, Moose at 3rd late in the year is out of the question as a regular lineup. That's a good defensive lineup too.

Damn it Jesus!

I hate to say this in such a young season, but that is exactly what I expected from him.

I hope he figures things out so we can have some confidence in him again.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Maybe this is how we open up a hole for Huira later in the year? Shaw shifts to 1B, Moose to 3B, and Huira to 2B.

Sorry guys forgot the F in shifts.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jesus looks very lost... maybe he should be found?

He has looked lost for an awful long time now...

Shaw to 1B, Hiura to 2B, and Moose back to 3B sounds good to me. (when Hiura finally gets the call)

Maybe this is how we open up a hole for Huira later in the year? Shaw ***** to 1B, Moose to 3B, and Huira to 2B.

Funny that's exactly what I just posted in my edit! I do agree.

Certainly hasn't been promising so far. And short of moving Braun there again, there is really nothing waiting in the wings.

Shaw's bat should play at least average if not a bit above average at 1B, and that's his natural position. Not a bad option if Hiira comes up and Moose also goes back to his natural position.

Jesus looks very lost... maybe he should be found?

He has looked lost for an awful long time now...

Shaw to 1B, Hiura to 2B, and Moose back to 3B sounds good to me. (when Hiura finally gets the call)

I've long advocated for Hiura to stay down for seasoning, but you can't have a World Series contender with a black hole at 1B. I wonder how long of leash they'll have for Aguilar and Thames?

Taylor Williams is another guy it is hard not to be down on. Feels like he could be a good one but gets hit pretty hard and often. He and Barnes.

Taylor Williams is another guy it is hard not to be down on. Feels like he could be a good one but gets hit pretty hard and often. He and Barnes.

I'm just plain tired of Barnes.

Exactly. Upper 90s heat, but straight as an arrow. You can get away with that in the minors, but ML hitters can pound a straight fastball no matter how fast its coming.

Aguilar too good of hitter to not hit

He hasn't been a good hitter since the all star break last season.

I hope not, but it seems we may have already seen Jesus peak.

Archived