Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-31: Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Burnes) [Yelich’s 4th HR in 4 games; Burnes records 12 K’s; Comeback walk-off win on Yelich double]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Burnes needs to stop striking so many guys out so he can keep his pitch count down. Only partially joking

36 pitches through 2 innings isn't bad. I imagine they'll be happy to get 5-6 innings out of him today.

True. With the state of our bullpen I would love to see a 7 inning start by a starter soon

Me too. But they have guys like Houser and Diplan that will be on that San Antonio shuttle if they need a fresh arm. Petricka, Wilkerson, and Fields too if they need an arm. That shuttle is going to get a workout. Was hoping that they'd maybe be able to go a week before doing that, though.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too. But they have guys like Houser and Diplan that will be on that San Antonio shuttle if they need a fresh arm. Petricka, Wilkerson, and Fields too if they need an arm. That shuttle is going to get a workout. Was hoping that they'd maybe be able to go a week before doing that, though.

Ponce, Sanchez, Brown, Webb...............

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Ponce, Sanchez, Brown, Webb...............

Yep, those too. Brown and Sanchez I imagine will be close. Perdomo too. Ponce too if they are seasoning him to be a reliever. Lots of live arms available int he upper minors. Its going to be a lot of fun to follow the minors this year.

Most Consecutive Strikeouts in a Game

Associated Press

10 -- Tom Seaver, N.Y. Mets vs. San Diego, April 22, 1970

9 -- Ricky Nolasco, Florida at Atlanta, Sept. 30, 2009

9 -- Aaron Harang, L.A. Dodgers vs. San Diego, April 13, 2012

8 -- Nolan Ryan, California vs. Boston, July 9, 1972

8 -- Nolan Ryan, California at Milwaukee (AL), Aug. 7, 1973

8 -- Ron Davis, N.Y. Yankees at California, May 4, 1981

8 -- Roger Clemens, Boston vs. Seattle, April 29, 1986

8 -- Jim Deshaies, Houston vs. L.A. Dodgers, Sept. 23, 1986

8 -- Blake Stein, Kansas City vs. Milwaukee (NL), June 17, 2001

love me some woodruff and burnes. The intensity, velocity and location are exceptional. So glad we finally went with the younger, higher ceiling guys.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Most Consecutive Strikeouts in a Game

Associated Press

10 -- Tom Seaver, N.Y. Mets vs. San Diego, April 22, 1970

9 -- Ricky Nolasco, Florida at Atlanta, Sept. 30, 2009

9 -- Aaron Harang, L.A. Dodgers vs. San Diego, April 13, 2012

8 -- Nolan Ryan, California vs. Boston, July 9, 1972

8 -- Nolan Ryan, California at Milwaukee (AL), Aug. 7, 1973

8 -- Ron Davis, N.Y. Yankees at California, May 4, 1981

8 -- Roger Clemens, Boston vs. Seattle, April 29, 1986

8 -- Jim Deshaies, Houston vs. L.A. Dodgers, Sept. 23, 1986

8 -- Blake Stein, Kansas City vs. Milwaukee (NL), June 17, 2001

Seaver's were actually 10 straight PA though, Wong snuck his little oppo single to break things up a bit

Archived