Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-31: Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Burnes) [Yelich’s 4th HR in 4 games; Burnes records 12 K’s; Comeback walk-off win on Yelich double]

Eye Black
Yelich double was on a 102 mph fastball.......

CC was beaming about the way Burnes through the ball......said when you have the stuff to strike out 12 cardinals in 5 innings that shows what kind of potential he has.....even with bad location on a few pitches that hurt him'

So much for that "un-hittable" Cardinal bullpen.

I said it before but I'll repeat it. Players hit .318 with a 128 wRC+ off of Hicks' fastball last season. There is a path where he is a complete stud for sure but he has to improve to get there. Last year's version of Hicks is not anywhere close to an elite pitcher. His fastball is very fast but it is also very hittable, maybe because his slider isn't thrown for strikes enough so people sit on the fastball, maybe for some other reason I don't know about.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lo Cain is changing the way I look at strikeouts a bit. I watch him play and compared to someone like Braun, it almost always looks like Cain is struggling at the plate and just not a very good hitter and then you look up and he's hitting over .300 because of all those nubbers he beats out.

Not that you can't see the guy is a huge difference maker with his defense, he's just one of those guys who puts up better numbers than you expect.

As for the Cards pen, I think both the young power arms will be elite. They're too talented not to, but one is 22 and was rushed up and the other was dominant and has dealt with injuries the last two years. Hopefully they get off to slow starts and don't hit their stride until we play them another couple series this month.

Archived