Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-31: Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Burnes) [Yelich’s 4th HR in 4 games; Burnes records 12 K’s; Comeback walk-off win on Yelich double]

Eye Black
  • Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really glad our awesome bullpen held us in this one!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So when is Yelich going to start regressing to the mean again?

In the year 2022.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm rather happy right now.

What a time for Gamel to get his first hit. A bit of luck for Cain to get on, but noone better to have at first there. And Yelich.... I don't even know anymore. I mean of course .500/.667/1.583 is very much unsustainable and will never last; but the thing is that when watching him, it doesn't look unearned, or lucky, or anything of the kind.

Also, Hicks looks like the most hittable 100mph pitcher I've ever seen. Not just based on today, he just doesn't seem to get much out of that velocity. Young guy, all the potential in the world to get it working, but right now he doesn't scare me one bit.

Unpopular Opinion:

The MVP chanting is getting pretty old. Yelich, the man, has said before he isn’t particularly fond of it. Can’t we just cheer like normal people?

He isn’t the MVP anymore, it is March.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm rather happy right now.

What a time for Gamel to get his first hit. A bit of luck for Cain to get on, but noone better to have at first there. And Yelich.... I don't even know anymore. I mean of course .500/.667/1.583 is very much unsustainable and will never last; but the thing is that when watching him, it doesn't look unearned, or lucky, or anything of the kind.

Also, Hicks looks like the most hittable 100mph pitcher I've ever seen. Not just based on today, he just doesn't seem to get much out of that velocity. Young guy, all the potential in the world to get it working, but right now he doesn't scare me one bit.

Hicks's fastball is super fast obviously, but it is straight as an arrow, and he has no deception in his delivery. If he doesn't develop a better off-speed pitch, he won't last.

Unpopular Opinion:

The MVP chanting is getting pretty old. Yelich, the man, has said before he isn’t particularly fond of it. Can’t we just cheer like normal people?

He isn’t the MVP anymore, it is March.

I don't know if it that unpopular. I do agree that we could tone it down a bit with him and the MVP stuff. Chant it after a walk-off, fine. Every at-bat, not needed and yes, annoying. He seems like a reserved guy that wants everyone to know that it is a team game. I hope Brewer fans come to realize this as they keep having success together out on the field.

Ben Gamel looks like we lost Mat Gamel at sea for a decade.

THIS is why we need a LIKE button! :)

Ben Gamel looks like we lost Mat Gamel at sea for a decade.

I literally logged in just to say this is the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time: my sides hurt.

giphy.gif

Archived