Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-30: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Yelich HR streak continues; Wilson's pen debut; Hader pitches "Immaculate Inning"]

Eye Black
I would hate to be a hitter facing Hader in his first inning of work.

Especially if the hitter knows it is a one inning stint.

Just filthy.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some day Hader is going to strike out the side in 8 pitches.

Hader can go full Bugs Bunny: one pitch, three Ks.

Next logical step is for hitters to just surrender after 2 strikes.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tq6b_hDvUA

It is possible, rule 5.04(b)(4)(A)

(4) The Batter’s Box Rule

(A) The batter shall keep at least one foot in the batter’s box throughout the batter’s time at bat, unless one of the following exceptions applies, in which case the batter may leave the batter’s box but not the dirt area surrounding home plate:

(i) The batter swings at a pitch;

(ii) An attempted check swing is appealed to a base umpire;

(iii) The batter is forced off balance or out of the batter’s box by a pitch;

(iv) A member of either team requests and is granted “Time”;

(v) A defensive player attempts a play on a runner at any base;

(vi) The batter feints a bunt;

(vii) A wild pitch or passed ball occurs;

(viii) The pitcher leaves the dirt area of the pitching mound after receiving the ball; or

(ix) The catcher leaves the catcher’s box to give defensive signals.

If the batter intentionally leaves the batter’s box and delays play, and none of the exceptions listed in Rule 5.04(b)(4)(A)(i) through (ix) applies, the umpire shall issue a warning to the batter for the batter’s first violation of this Rule in a game. For a batter’s second or subsequent violations of this Rule in a game, the League President may issue an appropriate discipline. In National Association play, for a batter’s second or subsequent violations of this Rule in a game, the umpire shall award a strike without the pitcher having to deliver the pitch.

It is possible, rule 5.04(b)(4)(A)

(4) The Batter’s Box Rule

(A) The batter shall keep at least one foot in the batter’s box throughout the batter’s time at bat, unless one of the following exceptions applies, in which case the batter may leave the batter’s box but not the dirt area surrounding home plate:

(i) The batter swings at a pitch;

(ii) An attempted check swing is appealed to a base umpire;

(iii) The batter is forced off balance or out of the batter’s box by a pitch;

(iv) A member of either team requests and is granted “Time”;

(v) A defensive player attempts a play on a runner at any base;

(vi) The batter feints a bunt;

(vii) A wild pitch or passed ball occurs;

(viii) The pitcher leaves the dirt area of the pitching mound after receiving the ball; or

(ix) The catcher leaves the catcher’s box to give defensive signals.

If the batter intentionally leaves the batter’s box and delays play, and none of the exceptions listed in Rule 5.04(b)(4)(A)(i) through (ix) applies, the umpire shall issue a warning to the batter for the batter’s first violation of this Rule in a game. For a batter’s second or subsequent violations of this Rule in a game, the League President may issue an appropriate discipline. In National Association play, for a batter’s second or subsequent violations of this Rule in a game, the umpire shall award a strike without the pitcher having to deliver the pitch.

I LOVE IT! Make the impossible, possible!

Hader was meh, Grandal called a great game for him.

:laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I mean it's possible for a 7 pitch strike out the side without quirky rules. Pitcher a comes in gets 2 strikes but leaves hurt, pitcher b comes in and finishes the inning on 7 pitches.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Get Kimbrel and this team wins it all. Hader and him alternate days and it's over. Spend the money.

Can’t afford him.

Nope.

Haudricourt said crew only afford to spend 9 mil on kimbrel.

Not happening according to Tom.

Although a day after he said brewers probably wouldn’t do anything big > they signed Grandal.

Immaculate inning with one foul ball..... has that ever happened in Brewers history? Did Hader do it last year?

I know at least Sheets and Rick Helling had one for us, not sure on total foul balls

Fiers had one that I saw. The other immaculate inning for a Brewer not already mentioned was by Doug Jones when he was slo-mo junkballin’ in 97. It was fun and hilarious watching that guy close games.

88th ever immaculate inning, compared to 299 no-hitters. Though it's the 13th in the last two years.

Brewers have five: Doug Jones (1997), Sheets (2004), Rick Helling (2006), Fiers (2015), Hader

Three against the Brewers: Brandon Backe (Astros, 2004), Kimbrel (Sox, 2017), Jose Alvarado (Rays, 2017)

88th ever immaculate inning, compared to 299 no-hitters. Though it's the 13th in the last two years.

Brewers have five: Doug Jones (1997), Sheets (2004), Rick Helling (2006), Fiers (2015), Hader

Three against the Brewers: Brandon Backe (Astros, 2004), Kimbrel (Sox, 2017), Jose Alvarado (Rays, 2017)

Oh, man... if any SNL writers are Cubs or Cardinals fans, I can imagine the tasteless jokes they'd write about an inning with three Ks that was the 88th to be done on nine pitches.

Archived