Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-30: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 4-2 -- Yelich HR streak continues; Wilson's pen debut; Hader pitches "Immaculate Inning"]

Eye Black
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woodruff is a little inconsistent tonight but I don't know how you watch him and Peralta and not see that Woodruff is miles ahead in both stuff and poise. I don't say that as someone who thinks Peralta sucks.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Woodruff is a little inconsistent tonight but I don't know how you watch him and Peralta and not see that Woodruff is miles ahead in both stuff and poise. I don't say that as someone who thinks Peralta sucks.

It’s obvious to see the intensity on Woodruff’s face. Last year he really learned how to attack hitters. Love his arsenal.

It’s obvious to see the intensity on Woodruff’s face. Last year he really learned how to attack hitters. Love his arsenal.

Agreed. Something has clicked with him mentally fur sure.

I guess that 0-1 pitch to O'Neil was high?!

Young guys not getting any close calls at all the last two nights.

I could understand it more with Peralta since he was really all over the place, but Woodruff has - for the most part - been around the zone. Seems like a tight zone so far, which I'm sure will change as the game goes on (as it did last night).

And he can hit.

I do miss Guillardo's bat on the pitching staff.

I miss Sheets batting. It made me feel like there was a big leaguer I could out-hit. I always loved his interviews after he had a hit in a game

Big difference between being 26 and 22 as well. There will be growing pains with Peralta and I'm sure Woodruff as well.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is there collusion against the Brewers by the MLB? First a bunch of rules that seem to target their strategies from a season ago. Now through three games, there has been just about every call that has gone against them. I'm not sure if this should be in blue, yet...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Big difference between being 26 and 22 as well. There will be growing pains with Peralta and I'm sure Woodruff as well.

No doubt. Like I said, I have high hopes for Peralta but I don't think he is there yet and the difference is stark in my opinion.

Why do we even risk pitching to Goldschmidt?, just walk him every time he comes up. Bad things happen whenever he's at the plate.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I miss Sheets batting. It made me feel like there was a big leaguer I could out-hit. I always loved his interviews after he had a hit in a game

A little before my time, as I took interest in the Brewers in the 07 season. Seemed like Sheets was always hurt.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Archived