Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The umpiring crew is going out of their way to prove we need the robot umps, especially the guy behind the plate. Kicking Thames out I don't mind too much except for the fact that Bader did the exact same thing with his bat earlier and wasn't kicked.

The umpiring crew is going out of their way to prove we need the robot umps, especially the guy behind the plate.
I welcome our robot overlords at this point, if it gets us all away from guessing what is going to be a strike or a ball with every pitch.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

That looked like an awful call realtime, but in a replay... OK.

It didn’t look like he swung either way to me.

The replay made it look very close. Completely agree that I went from frustrated in real-time to more of a shrug on the overhead replay.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Nothing is worse than a guy who basically has one single job, to retire lefties, and walks one on 4 pitches.

Although one of those pitches was a K, no surprise from this bum of an umpire.

Without the data to back it up, it seems like Wong would be a different player to walk.

We might see Andrew Miller later tonight. Seems like it has been a long time since he has been healthy.

Totally forgot the Cards signed him. Hopefully that signing goes the way of Greg Holland for them. (No offense, Dead Simmons, it's just business)

Is Grandal’s framing of pitches not up to par?

He does seem to just drop a lot more pitches that the average catcher.

I know he has “graded well” in the framing department, but I haven’t observed on tv anyway that skill standing out? Coupled with the umps not giving our pitchers much of anything tonight, have to wonder if he could sharpen that up a bit.

Is Grandal’s framing of pitches not up to par?

He does seem to just drop a lot more pitches that the average catcher.

Been thinking the same thing.... dropped maybe 6 already. No damage done, though.

He did a great frame on the Osuna K. Huge out.

Archived