Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black
Third basemen shouldn’t be playing 2B and you need a real pitching coach if you have a young staff.

Real pitching coach?

Pretty early in the year to be on the pitching coach. Especially since he played a role in these young guys getting here.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These in game threads should be changed to “White Hot Takes r us”

It's almost like you're new to this message board...

These in-game threads are where people can react to the game in real-time and people - generally - realize it's just emotion and not a well-thought out post. This is literally message board 101 stuff.

The good news is that last year after rough first innings Peralta usually settled in nicely. Hopefully he just had some nerves and he can settle in for the next...180 innings
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Third basemen shouldn’t be playing 2B and you need a real pitching coach if you have a young staff.

Chris Hook coached Peralta, Burnes, Woodruff & all our other young pitchers in the minors.

Weird how they have all exceeded expectations despite him not being a real pitching coach.

These in-game threads are where people can react to the game in real-time and people - generally - realize it's just emotion and not a well-thought out post. This is literally message board 101 stuff.

It didn't used to be like this. It has gotten so bad I tend to avoid the in game threads because it is just people bellyaching about stuff that they generally aren't even right about. Gets really old.

It is an IN GAME THREAD for crying out loud.

If you want more, this is probably not the place for you.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It didn't used to be like this. It has gotten so bad I tend to avoid the in game threads because it is just people bellyaching about stuff that they generally aren't even right about. Gets really old.

One time when this was said I went back and looked at a random sample of GTs from the 2006, 2007, 2008 days just to see if that was the case. They are all pretty much the same.

These threads are so easy to skip. If I miss a thread, I've never went back and re-read it, vs other lengthy threads on this board.

By the way, this board has become way more unreadable in the last five years. This isn't the place to say it, but when I joined about 12 years ago, the quality of discussion was way superior. It is what it is. The in-game threads are a microcosm of that.

These threads are so easy to skip. If I miss a thread, I've never went back and re-read it, vs other lengthy threads on this board.

By the way, this board has become way more unreadable in the last five years. This isn't the place to say it, but when I joined about 12 years ago, the quality of discussion was way superior. It is what it is. The in-game threads are a microcosm of that.

I wonder if posts like this have anything to do with that?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Just seem calmer when we suck. Only the diehards hang around in crappy years and those people usually just want to talk baseball.

Wish they would have traded him the offseason...

Honestly one of my most disliked Brewers pitchers to watch in a long time...

Wait...what?

Another borderline pitch not going Peraltas way.

Yea...

Dude has 1 pitch. And ooooooo he has a sneaky delivery... gimme a break!

Will never be a top 2 guy in a good rotation.

The only pitchers we've had in my lifetime that would be a top 2 guy in a good rotation are Higuera & Sheets.

If that is the standard you hold Brewer pitching prospects to you will be disappointed more often than not.

The good news from the bottom half of the inning is the Brewers were getting the bat on Flaherty. Hopefully Freddy can settle in and the Brewers can put up a few on the board versus Flaherty. Having the Brewers comeback from being down 3-0 two days in a row would be a heck of a way to start the season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived