Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black
Wish they would have traded him the offseason...

Honestly one of my most disliked Brewers pitchers to watch in a long time...

Wait...what?

Another borderline pitch not going Peraltas way.

Yea...

Dude has 1 pitch. And ooooooo he has a sneaky delivery... gimme a break!

Will never be a top 2 guy in a good rotation.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wish they would have traded him the offseason...

Honestly one of my most disliked Brewers pitchers to watch in a long time...

Wait...what?

Another borderline pitch not going Peraltas way.

Yea...

I guess I'm wondering why? Hes in his second year and has had his ups and downs...sure.

Freddy isn't going to make it as a starter in this league with his limited repertoire if he can't improve his command.

Was t really a fan of giving him a rotation spot. He is a thrower not a pitcher. Just chucks it and hope it ends up in a good spot. Hope he proves me wrong, but he is the one I am least optimistic about.

Freddy isn't going to make it as a starter in this league with his limited repertoire if he can't improve his command.

He might be throwing an couple of MPH more than last year but so far it doesn't look like much has improved over last year.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Absolutely terrible defense. First Moustakas and now Cain. That run scored because of Cain.

I'm still baffled that they didn't just stick with Shaw at 2nd, where he was at least not awful and could make a turn, and instead put Moose there.

Absolutely terrible defense. First Moustakas and now Cain. That run scored because of Cain.

Yeah, he needed to just play that off the wall clean. Maybe they send Ozuna but the Brewers would've had a great play on him if he just accepts it's a double and gets the ball back in.

I'm still baffled that they didn't just stick with Shaw at 2nd, where he was at least not awful and could make a turn, and instead put Moose there.

Yah, Shaw was fine. Moustakas was miserable on that play and that isn’t a hard play or throw. Hope he gets comfortable fast because his bat isn’t even that good if he gives us trash defense.

I agree. I was surprised. Shaw looked serviceable there last year.

Weird run through by Cain. I think if he gives up on catching it and plays it off the wall he keeps Ozuna from scoring.

For sure a few red flags early... Freddy’s control and Moose ability to turn a dp... going to be a work in progress with the young arms and new position.

Because he didnt play it off the wall?

Yup, he wasn’t very close to catching that and should have slowed up. Instead he just sprinted past it like the play was over if he couldn’t catch it.

Not very Cain-like to say the least.

Stout dude I edited my previous post

Right on. He for sure needs to get his curve going. I personally am willing to give him more than 15 starts. He clearly has life on the arm. I agree though, he walked too many for my liking last year. Clearly an issue to start today. Defense and ump not helping much yet.

Because he didnt play it off the wall?

Yup, he wasn’t very close to catching that and should have slowed up. Instead he just sprinted past it like the play was over if he couldn’t catch it.

Not very Cain-like to say the least.

Agreed. At first I thought you were thinking he should have caught it.

Archived