Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black
Yelich is good at baseball. Too bad we just gave up four runs.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great, now we get miller hicks Reyes not necessarily in that order. Ave FB 100

Over his last 8.1 innings pitched on a professional mound Andrew Miller has given up 13 hits, 6 walks, and 7 ER (and an OPS north of .900). A minuscule sample size obviously, but also far from invincible.

Make that 14 hits and 8 earned runs.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Crush another one, Brauny.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Great, now we get miller hicks Reyes not necessarily in that order. Ave FB 100

Over his last 8.1 innings pitched on a professional mound Andrew Miller has given up 13 hits, 6 walks, and 7 ER (and an OPS north of .900). A minuscule sample size obviously, but also far from invincible.

Make that 14 hits and 8 earned runs.

Unhittable.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Hopefully tonight’s pitching doesn’t show up too often, but I’m worried that we’ll see this a lot. I didn’t like that we let Miley go, we broke up our strong bullpen to make starters that we aren’t sure how it will go, and now the anchors of the bullpen are injured/ailing. Wish we had one more established starter and another strong bullpen arm.

Pretty sure we have better options.

Like who? Our bullpen looks pretty bad.

Well, I'd rather see Houser up for one, but I think the Brewers were hoping that at some his performance would match his stuff. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

This team can't wait until the deadline or a couple of months to address the BP. Not saying go back to Kimbrel and get stupid, but they have to make a move. They're too good to let the pen be their downfall.

When this game gets repeated enough pen wise it’ll become obvious Kimbrel needed as a min. Also Brown now. Nelson when ready

When Matt Albers is your best arm of the night it's been a long night. Excited about the young guys starting but we are going to miss them in the pen big time. Reason I was on board the sign Dallas train. Hopefully something can happen. Chase looks bad.

As counterintuitive as it may seem, once Nelson gets back, they might be better off with Nelson, Davies, and Anderson back in the rotation and Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta back in the middle relief roles that made us so successful in September last year.

Starters are less important on this team than others, Counsell is always going to have a short hook. But they just don't have the middle relievers on this team right now to bridge the gap to Hader/Jeffress.

"Intentionally walking a guy with three home runs? That's not right! That's not classy baseball"--

20,015 Cardinals fans right now.

Good. Screw Goldschmidt.

As counterintuitive as it may seem, once Nelson gets back, they might be better off with Nelson, Davies, and Anderson back in the rotation and Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta back in the middle relief roles that made us so successful in September last year.

Starters are less important on this team than others, Counsell is always going to have a short hook. But they just don't have the middle relievers on this team right now to bridge the gap to Hader/Jeffress.

I would probably leave Woodruff in the rotation, but I completely agree that Burnes and Peralta may be more valuable as bullpen arms if the Brewers could put together a serviceable rotation without them.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived