Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black

There is more to pitching than just speed. Hicks walked 40 guys in 77 IP, and his ERA was 3.59 which is not even good for a relief pitcher. Dan Jennings and Jacob Barnes were both better than that last year

I agree. Would like to see a late inning rally against Miller and Hicks. Need some base runners and walks will do wonders.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got to be freaking kidding me. Three home runs for Goldschmidt.

We did nothing to improve our pitching staff in the off season, and it's going to bite us in the butt.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

When does the Barnes project end? Pretty sure we have better options. Or are we back to the “we’re behind so we put our worst guy in” philosophy?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The first home run by Goldschmidt wasn't a strike.....but the last 2 were just horrible pitches......and he didn't missi them.

Cards have a good team.....and our pen without Corey and JJ is really suspect.

It wasn't a strike but it was a pitch he saw 3 or 4 times already in the AB, he was sitting on that pitch.

These two guys calling the game for the Cardinals tv are just insufferable dbags.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I know that this is mostly a reaction to but one moment in a season that just started...but woof, Barnes. He has just come to symbolize so much ineptitude for me, crew really needs to get someone else in his spot. There might be slim pickings, but there can't be much worse than he gives on an all-too-regular basis.

"That ain't Chuckie's game. Chuckie hacks on 2-0."

There is more to pitching than just speed. Hicks walked 40 guys in 77 IP, and his ERA was 3.59 which is not even good for a relief pitcher. Dan Jennings and Jacob Barnes were both better than that last year

Ok, but neither guy was a 21 year old rookie with a 101 average fastball who jumped from A ball to the Big leagues last year.

And his WAR was higher than both Barnes and Jennings according to fangraphs.

But last year really isn't the point. Again, 21, 101 MPH AVERAGE fastball, jumped from A ball to the big leagues and you're pointing out that his control wasn't perfect next year. I'd say that's probably normal for most guys who make that jump and then pitch in high leverage situations.

Which Brewers relievers do you trust moving forwards than Hicks, Reyes and Miller. You've got Hader and then...Hader?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

These two guys calling the game for the Cardinals tv are just insufferable dbags.

Dan McLaughlin is the PBP guy and yes he is enough to work up a good barfing listening to him spout off when things are going well for his birdies.

Archived