Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what happens when Moustakas is a total trash heap defensively? Do they eventually move Shaw there and stick him at third?

I’m sure there is some analytical reason have Moose at second....but I will wait to see it with my eyes

Goldschmidt getting to play 81 games at Miller Park would give you your 5th player to win MVP. Wish we had made that move.

No kidding.

Have to think they just didn't want to invest something like 5/130 in him and didn't want to give up much for a 1 year rental.

I know someone said the opposite earlier but I will disagree, the Cardinals bullpen is their weakness at least to start the year. Martinez is hurt, Reyes hasn't show anything yet and Hicks walks everyone he faces. I like our odds the longer this game goes. Also Moustakas is better than Shaw at 2B regardless of how things have gone today, he moves better and he rotates better on throws. It may be an iffy move but making Shaw the 2B doesn't make it any better.

Domingo Santana just hit his 3rd HR of the year and already has 10 RBI. His start this season has been something else. I hope we are not going to end up regretting that one.

I hope we do...good for him. We could have predicted with the trade and playing time, he'd hit .275/.350 with 25-35 hr. He always reminded me of a Nelson Cruz, only with better performance at a younger age.

I would bet on him to continue having an impressive offensive season given the everyday opportunities. If the NL goes to the DH in the next season or two it will be even easier to lament what could have been.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Moustakas can’t play 2B

I'd normally wait longer before making such a declaration, but at his age, that move was one I found baffling. It seemed like they brought him back just because he fit in with the team so well(personality wise) and they liked having him here last year. ESPECIALLY now in retrospect, I wish they'd gone after a guy like Ottavino, but I was never a fan of this signing.

I still expect him to get better and put up good numbers there...but I'm also of the belief that Hiura will be ready soon than later.

Williams showing something getting out of that little jam that he created.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I know someone said the opposite earlier but I will disagree, the Cardinals bullpen is their weakness at least to start the year. Martinez is hurt, Reyes hasn't show anything yet and Hicks walks everyone he faces. I like our odds the longer this game goes. Also Moustakas is better than Shaw at 2B regardless of how things have gone today, he moves better and he rotates better on throws. It may be an iffy move but making Shaw the 2B doesn't make it any better.

How on EARTH are we making this declaration right now?

I don't agree that he moves better than Shaw...but you're talking about poor defense at 2nd either way.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived