Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-29: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 9-5 -- Goldschmidt hits 3 HRs]

Eye Black

40523457093_f46a45f71d_b.jpg

33612807318_7077c16a12_b.jpg

[pre]Cardinals Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Paul Goldschmidt ® 1B 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Paul DeJong ® SS 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Marcell Ozuna ® LF 4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

5. Yadier Molina ® C 5. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

6. Dexter Fowler (S) RF 6. Mike Moustakas (L) 2B

7. Kolten Wong (L) 2B 7. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

8. Harrison Bader ® CF 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Jack Flaherty ® P 9. Freddy Peralta ® P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am NOT looking forward to all the times we're going to have to see Jack Flaherty for the next 5 years.

He and Walker Buehler are the two young pitchers I find most impressive in the Majors from last year (and Ohtani, of course).

That said, after the Spring Training that Peralta had, I can't imagine many teams are looking forward to seeing him either. Trying to imagine a game sometime in the future with 6 innings of Peralta, 2 of Hader, and 1 of Knebel and how many swings and misses you might get in a single game off middle-middle fastballs.

I am NOT looking forward to all the times we're going to have to see Jack Flaherty for the next 5 years.

Yeah, this seems like a game where we need some patient AB's and try to get his pitch count up early on. He's probably only throwing 90 or so pitches in this start. The sooner we can get into their pen tonight the better.

Cards rotation looks tough on paper, but we got to Mikolas yesterday, lets do it again tonight vs Flaherty.

Yeah, this seems like a game where we need some patient AB's and try to get his pitch count up early on. He's probably only throwing 90 or so pitches in this start. The sooner we can get into their pen tonight the better.

Cards rotation looks tough on paper, but we got to Mikolas yesterday, lets do it again tonight vs Flaherty.

I actually like our rotation better than theirs. But they’re bullpen is way way way way way better than ours. Miller Hicks Reyes > virtually unhittable monsters

Cards pitching in general scares me and the reason I’m picking them for division winners, but it’s early in the season and pitching might have more variance in results, so now might be the best chance we have for hurting them. I saw the beginning of the season as a bloodbath for the Crew, but maybe the opposite might be true. Here’s crossing fingers. My biggest hope for this evening, win or lose, is seeing Peralta tie Chacin for lead in home runs hit.

Looking forward to seeing Freddy pitch, getting Carpenter out in the first would be a great start. My memory may be a little off but in that last Cardinal series last year we went with a lefty to get Carpenter out and then put Peralta in who was stellar but they let Carpenter get a second look at him and he made them pay.

He and Walker Buehler are the two young pitchers I find most impressive in the Majors from last year (and Ohtani, of course).

That said, after the Spring Training that Peralta had, I can't imagine many teams are looking forward to seeing him either. Trying to imagine a game sometime in the future with 6 innings of Peralta, 2 of Hader, and 1 of Knebel and how many swings and misses you might get in a single game off middle-middle fastballs.

I just hope at the end of the year the division is saying this about peralta, burnes, and woodruff.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived