Brewer Fanatic

Your 2019 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

VIDEO Feature via WeAreGreenBay.com: David Fry making his mark with the Timber Rattlers

by Lily Zhao

Not only does Fry lead the team in home runs now, but he's also tops in the Midwest League with 15 doubles. In fact, he also set a school record for doubles in his 4-year career at Northwestern State.

"I think it's just because I'm really, really slow and I can't hit a triple," Fry joked. "I think that's really the only thing. I just try to hit the ball hard and I get lucky sometimes and hit a double."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff
AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "Manager Matt Erickson discusses the Timber Rattlers as he sees them in the first half of the season, has a comment of two on each of the six Rattlers selected as 2019 All-Stars, answers a question about someone on the team who has stood out for him this season, talks a bit about the major league debuts of former Rattlers Keston Hiura and Jordan Yamamoto, and a few other things, too."

• 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Former fifth-round draft pick Justin Jarvis making strides on the mound with Timber Rattlers

Jordan Jacobson, Appleton Post-Crescent

Quotes from Manager Matt Erickson, Pitching Coach Jim Henderson, and Jarvis...

Frosty Microbrew: Thomas Dillard Brings Professional Approach to Wisconsin

Kyle Lobner, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Another quote-filled piece...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Victor Castaneda has excelled as a closer for the Timber Rattlers this year

Dan Wussow, Appleton Post-Crescent

"Well, the split-finger is plus. His split-finger is a big league pitch, honestly," Pitching Coach Jim Henderson said. "And as a put-away pitch, it's always nice to be able to be a reliever late in the game and eliminate any kind of baserunners with a strikeout, so with the split-finger it's a true strikeout pitch and now he has the velocity on the fastball as well to keep hitters honest. So it's a really nice two-pitch mix right now."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Frosty Microbrew: Rattlers Pitchers Defy Second Half Trends

Kyle Lobner, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Quotes galore...

Chad Whitmer providing relief in Midwest League

Bob Oppenheim, Elkhart (IN) Truth

Whitmer discusses his trade to the Brewers (Milwaukee gave up a minimum of $250,000 in international bonus money to acquire him from the Yankees), as well as multiple other topics. Good stuff.

Archived