Brewer Fanatic

2019-03-28 (Opening Day): Cardinals (Mikolas) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers win, 5-4 -- Cain makes game saving catch; Déjà vu of 2018]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
CC sounded like Hader will be down tomorrow in the post game.

I mean 2 innings so I would expect him to miss the rest of the series.

Got the win. William's, Claudio, Albers etc. need to step up.

Only threw 21 pitches > Sun at the latest be available if needed

Yeah, I'm thinking Sunday as well. Gotta get through the next two with the other pen guys. Time for them to step up and shine.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else hear the comment made by post game guys about Cain taking the elevator at Maryvale to "save his knees?" Uh, I am even more concerned about his health.

My uncle and I have Cain nicknamed Sanford (and Son) because of the way he looks like he is in pain after a run, throw, or long catch. I sure hope Gamel is the real deal because he is going to be playing in over half the games or even starting over half the games this year.

I think you guys are being a little modest, I don't see why Hader wouldn't be available Saturday if needed. It was a stress-free two innings.

Hader went 2 innings or more 23 times in 2018, and pitched again after 1 day rest 2 times.

It's not impossible, but I wouldn't bet heavily on it, especially this early. We're 1 of 162 into a marathon.

Did anyone else hear the comment made by post game guys about Cain taking the elevator at Maryvale to "save his knees?" Uh, I am even more concerned about his health.

My uncle and I have Cain nicknamed Sanford (and Son) because of the way he looks like he is in pain after a run, throw, or long catch. I sure hope Gamel is the real deal because he is going to be playing in over half the games or even starting over half the games this year.

Uhh... blue?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The last two years Braun has started 95 & 97 games in the field, so there has always been a high likelihood that Gamel would start 80+ games.

There's also Corey Ray (& Troy Stokes & Tyrone Taylor) in AAA.

Uhh... blue?

No blue....

I know he made the catch and all.... it was a great one in which I jumped around at home for a minute..... but they mentioned this bit about his knees afterward. Were they serious? Is he hurting at all? On one hand, it surely doesn't look like he is in pain based on the catch and celebration, but on the other hand is the comments and Sanford like stuff during past games.

Uhh... blue?

No blue....

I know he made the catch and all.... it was a great one in which I jumped around at home for a minute..... but they mentioned this bit about his knees afterward. Were they serious? Is he hurting at all? On one hand, it surely doesn't look like he is in pain based on the catch and celebration, but on the other hand is the comments and Sanford like stuff during past games.

That’s the running clubhouse joke.

Good win against our main rivals #1 pitcher. Only thing that bothered me was Aguilar not trying to take the walk twice. Bad omen early. Nader should be okay Saturday. Tomorrow’s Knebel decision should be interesting.

What a game, what a finish, what a catch! That was a fun one.

As for the comments about Cain, I feel like he does job around like an old man, but my guess is people are just making fun of him, more than anything. Of course he's aging, but I don't think he's going to be missing multiple games a week or anything. I could be totally off on this, but I doubt he's going to all of the sudden, not be able to play much because of his knees. Without major injury, knee pain doesn't just come out of nowhere to cripple a player.

Does anyone have a tip for listening to the radio broadcast on your phone through an app or otherwise ? I downloaded the WTMJ app and am disappointed the game is not on there.

I have an app called Pro Baseball on my phone that pulls radio feeds from all games across the country. You just select the brewers game, and it will give you a few options to listen. some don't always work, but one of them usually does!! Great way to listen to Uecker w/o a radio present!

You can also download the MLB app and pay for the audio only subscription. I believe that is around $20. Depending on how much you might use it, I think it's a heck of a deal for an entire season. I have the MLB.TV subscription because I'm out of market, and that includes the audio. I use the audio a ton!

Archived