Brewer Fanatic

Packers Draft Thread.....

HiAndTight
Don’t sleep on Bush at 12! Gute skipped Clemson and other major pro days to go to Michigan. Gray didn’t participate & after huge combine Bush has worked way up. Doubt Gute picked that pro day over the likes of Clemson with 3 huge targets in top 15 just to see Chase Winovich as 2nd rounder. Clearly Packers had scouts at all the big ones but fact GM went there, leads me to believe Gray and/or Bush may be high on their list.

I think that was when the Jets were shopping their pick and Gray was a likely option for the team. I haven't seen any mocks where Gray lasts until the 12th pick. All of the above occurred before the big FA signings so there may be a big change in thinking now. I believe without the Smith's, Gute was going to trade up to take an impact D, but now he has the luxury to see what happens before him at #12.

Hmmmm Looking back....

Oh, and I forgot in my last post, great call. You nailed it. Gute skipped the pro-day for one of the best DL groups ever because he wanted to know about Gary.

But you were dead right...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Completely forgot about that but stumbled upon it when I was looking for different post I had about Gary. Thought it was weird to miss out on all those studs at Clemson to see Bush & talk to Gary instead. Wonder who they had higher on board. I was huge on Bush. 3 down LB with great athletic ability. He could stay in during most sub packages like Pack want out of Burks. Was sad to see him come off board. But writing was on wall for a Bush or Gary pick over Wilkins & Ferrell (if on board still)

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived