Brewer Fanatic

Kimbrel?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Ken Rosenthal and Robert Murray of The Athletic, the Brewers are "talking to" free agent closer Craig Kimbrel.

Milwaukee already boasts one of the top bullpens in baseball, but Jeremy Jeffress is set to open the 2019 season on the injured list with right shoulder fatigue and really any MLB team could use a reliever of Kimbrel's caliber. The 30-year-old right-hander owns a career 1.91 ERA and he struck out 96 batters over 62 1/3 innings last season for the World Series-champion Red Sox. Recent reports have also tied Kimbrel to the Cubs, Rays, and Nationals. It seems that Boston has truly moved on.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

Mar 19, 2019, 8:39 PM

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

According to Ken Rosenthal and Robert Murray of The Athletic, the Brewers are "talking to" free agent closer Craig Kimbrel.

Milwaukee already boasts one of the top bullpens in baseball, but Jeremy Jeffress is set to open the 2019 season on the injured list with right shoulder fatigue and really any MLB team could use a reliever of Kimbrel's caliber. The 30-year-old right-hander owns a career 1.91 ERA and he struck out 96 batters over 62 1/3 innings last season for the World Series-champion Red Sox. Recent reports have also tied Kimbrel to the Cubs, Rays, and Nationals. It seems that Boston has truly moved on.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter

Mar 19, 2019, 8:39 PM

Nationals and cubs over luxury tax threshold. Rays low revenue. Brewers have the most $ to spend. If this the only teams talking I think we can get him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If I happens for the Brewers I'm guessing it's one year.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Damnit. Disappointing but makes sense the more you think about it since it seems like Stearns runs a pretty tight ship as far as leaks go.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Damnit. Disappointing but makes sense the more you think about it since it seems like Stearns runs a pretty tight ship as far as leaks go.

That may be true, and it is, but he can't control what Kimbrel and his guys leak...

I still think it is a possibility, but not as much as I thought it was last night.

It is just the perfect storm!

:(

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well, it would make sense if you're an agent of a player who wants to sign with a certain team to leak that your client is in talks with their biggest rival. I think this is just a ploy to get the Cubs to open the checkbook up. Rosenthal is used in this fashion quite a bit. I'm surprised Robert Murray took the bait, though. He's typically better than this.

Archived