Brewer Fanatic

Primary Logo

brewmann04
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think everybody is reading way too much into this. From the font to the red being used, it is a desert after all and they probably want it to blend in.

Yah if we are talking about the red that is on the names/numbers going up to the front of the stadium that is 110% just to blend in with the Arizona theme.

I think everybody is reading way too much into this. From the font to the red being used, it is a desert after all and they probably want it to blend in.

The font of numbers on the historical jersey wall is not in the public eye. I doubt they are trying to fit a desert motif behind closed doors. It makes zero sense for those not to be in the current number font i.e. Times New Roman

Community Moderator
It is going to happen, the writing is on the wall. The tarp over the sign in Maryville and the fact the BIG is already used on everything. They are just waiting for the big rebrand. Whether that be with the UA jerseys or when the stadium name changes. Changing the logo away from the Miller “M” also means changing the script on the front of the uniforms...it’s nuch more than a different logo slapped on. They have essentially already changed the primary logo.

The BIG logo is going to be the primary logo soon. Everyone will rejoice. If I am wrong I’d be shocked. Seems to be quite obvious.

Regarding the “tarp over the sign” (pictured below), I’ve assumed that was a placeholder for where they were going to eventually place the American Family Fields of Phoenix logo.

DzO-KMDVYAAX22A?format=jpg&name=small

It is interesting in looking at all of the other pictures across the facility there are very few uses of any of the Brewers logos anywhere to be seen. I can’t remember seeing a team specific facility unveiled with less use of the team’s logo. Throughout all of the photos of the locker room, weight room, sports medicine areas, training facilities, hallways, team store, etc., there are almost no Brewers logos. I see one in the weight room and one on the wall before they step foot on the field.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Well, we definitely need one more mascot to go with the eight others we already have (the five racing sausages, Bernie, Hank, and Barrelman).

Bring back Bonnie Brewer!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I’d like MLB to do what they do in the European football leagues. Come out with a new outfit design every year. It’s always fun, an anticipatory event that gets everyone’s attention. Over the years some of the better ones become coveted. Plus it’s an interesting way to Mark time—old school vs. new school kinda thing. Jersey/logo design should be fun and exciting.

I too am in the camp that there is probably way too much detective work going in. I think the red is to fit the branding of spring training, nothing else. Also, does the M logo with the barley really have anything to do with Miller? The team’s name is the BREWERS. I think the logo is 100% because of the team’s name and not because of the stadium sponsor.

I think ball and glove is here to stay, both the throw back and the version with current colors. I like when teams have their alternate hat that fits the color scheme and therefore allows them different uniform options (like Bal and Cle). As suggested by an earlier poster, I’d love to see the pin stripes in navy. Could be awesome!

My biggest ask is for them to bring back the grey (late 80’s/ nearly 90’s I believe) road jerseys with Milwaukee across the chest. I love that uniform so much! I also would love to own that jersey and it’s so rediculous that you can’t get it.

It is going to happen, the writing is on the wall. The tarp over the sign in Maryville and the fact the BIG is already used on everything. They are just waiting for the big rebrand. Whether that be with the UA jerseys or when the stadium name changes. Changing the logo away from the Miller “M” also means changing the script on the front of the uniforms...it’s nuch more than a different logo slapped on. They have essentially already changed the primary logo.

The BIG logo is going to be the primary logo soon. Everyone will rejoice. If I am wrong I’d be shocked. Seems to be quite obvious.

Regarding the “tarp over the sign” (pictured below), I’ve assumed that was a placeholder for where they were going to eventually place the American Family Fields of Phoenix logo.

DzO-KMDVYAAX22A?format=jpg&name=small

It is interesting in looking at all of the other pictures across the facility there are very few uses of any of the Brewers logos anywhere to be seen. I can’t remember seeing a team specific facility unveiled with less use of the team’s logo. Throughout all of the photos of the locker room, weight room, sports medicine areas, training facilities, hallways, team store, etc., there are almost no Brewers logos. I see one in the weight room and one on the wall before they step foot on the field.

I wish the Crew had spring training here in FL so I could see them a couple of times.

I too am in the camp that there is probably way too much detective work going in.

Could very well be. If this is truly much ado about nothing, I will still find it odd that the historical jersey number wall doesn't use the current Brewers Times New Roman font. To me, that is the biggest hint of all of an upcoming change.

I’d like MLB to do what they do in the European football leagues. Come out with a new outfit design every year. It’s always fun, an anticipatory event that gets everyone’s attention. Over the years some of the better ones become coveted. Plus it’s an interesting way to Mark time—old school vs. new school kinda thing. Jersey/logo design should be fun and exciting.

outfit?

:laughing

I too am in the camp that there is probably way too much detective work going in.

Could very well be. If this is truly much ado about nothing, I will still find it odd that the historical jersey number wall doesn't use the current Brewers Times New Roman font. To me, that is the biggest hint of all of an upcoming change.

I do think there could be a new uniform coming soon. I just don't know if there are "hints" everywhere as to what it will be. Maybe that will be the font on the jersey. I just hope they stay in the general universe of their retro ball and glove stuff and their current scheme. I don't think they need anything major, just some tweaking.

"My biggest ask is for them to bring back the grey (late 80’s/ nearly 90’s I believe) road jerseys with Milwaukee across the chest. I love that uniform so much! I also would love to own that jersey and it’s so rediculous that you can’t get it."

Agreed! Those were awesome jerseys. I would buy a replica one that isn't insanely expensive.

As far as the primary logo, I used to firmly be in the camp that the ball & glove logo should mostly be left in the past, and that the current logo is a good one. I am starting to soften my viewpoint, and I think bringing back the ball & glove logo in the next season or two could be a good idea. The current logo has had a good run, and could still be used in a secondary setting.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Community Moderator
"My biggest ask is for them to bring back the grey (late 80’s/ nearly 90’s I believe) road jerseys with Milwaukee across the chest. I love that uniform so much! I also would love to own that jersey and it’s so rediculous that you can’t get it."

Agreed! Those were awesome jerseys. I would buy a replica one that isn't insanely expensive.

As far as the primary logo, I used to firmly be in the camp that the ball & glove logo should mostly be left in the past, and that the current logo is a good one. I am starting to soften my viewpoint, and I think bringing back the ball & glove logo in the next season or two could be a good idea. The current logo has had a good run, and could still be used in a secondary setting.

I used to prefer the new logo but after 20 years it is starting to feel dated. The ball & glove is my preference moving forward, with heavy use of alternatives to keep things interesting. I do not want to see a full-time return to 80s colors or uniforms...those should be for retro night only. The ball & glove looks great with navy and gold.

The Brewers need to contact the Astros and Blue Jays and figure out how to modernize the ball and glove. As a logo it's fine (I don't love it as much as most everyone else does) but it just screams 80's to me. Even when used in the current colors it doesn't seem very "in the times" to me. Figure out something to freshen up the uniforms and branding of the team while maintaining the feel of the ball and glove like those two teams did with their old logos.

I haven't seen many people calling for a total remake but I really like what the Bucks did a few years ago. Everything about their logo and colors feels very modern and old at the same time. I'd love for the Brewers to do something like that. Not straight up copy it but follow a similar path.

I love what they are doing now with the updated ball and glove color scheme. Ball and glove logo on the navy looks great, and UNDATED imo...

Change just for the sake of change sucks.

Leave it as is and build up some recognition, rather than changing the unis every single year.

I hate the fact that the Bucks have so many unis during the course of the season.

I really question anyone that says they don't like the B&G. Like they're trying to be contrarian. If you don't like that I don't know what your appreciation for design/art can be. It's simply the most ingenious logo in any sport. I don't think any are even close. It was stupid of the team to ever move away from it.

I'd rather the Packers move away from 70s green and mustard yellow (I know it'll never happen) than to see the Brewers drop that logo.

I love what they are doing now with the updated ball and glove color scheme. Ball and glove logo on the navy looks great, and UNDATED imo...

Change just for the sake of change sucks.

Leave it as is and build up some recognition, rather than changing the unis every single year.

I hate the fact that the Bucks have so many unis during the course of the season.

Agree but I think that's more of a merchandising thing. NBA jerseys are a fashion statement in a lot of demographic groups, MLB jerseys far less so.

Agree but I think that's more of a merchandising thing. NBA jerseys are a fashion statement in a lot of demographic groups, MLB jerseys far less so.

Although baseball caps - far more so.

I don’t really have any further point here...just saying.

I am not Shea Vucinich

The Brewers need to contact the Astros and Blue Jays and figure out how to modernize the ball and glove.

That would be worse than the Motre Bame logo. If they ever go back to the ball and glove for good, just go back to the ball and glove. Changing it in any way (aside from the color shades) would be a huge mistake. "Hey everyone, we LOVE the classic logo, but since we want to do our own thing, have our "own identity," we're going to make some pointless change that will make everyone wonder what we were thinking every time they see our logo!"

The ball and glove is one of the best - arguably THE best - logo in the history of American sports. I'm not saying this because I'm a Brewers fan. It's the perfect combination of creative, simple, and identifiable. There is absolutely no mistaking what team it represents. I would guess that at least 90 percent of sports fans, if you asked them about the logo, would respond that it's fantastic. There was absolutely no reason to change it way back when.

Changing the logo was simply change for the sake of change and was a colossal marketing flub.

EDIT: (I also kind of like that it's a "happy" logo - enough of this "let's look tough" try-hard crap)

EDIT 2: To an earlier post...changing "kits" (or "outfits") every season? Wow, is that a bad idea.

It looks like we will be due for some big upgrades along with what is likely to be a revamp of uniforms/logo:

"A “master plan” for the reserve fund pledges separate $6 million contributions for scoreboard improvements in 2020 and 2030, and $2 million for new seating in 2021."

https://www.milwaukeemag.com/insidethemillerparktax

So looks like we are getting a new scoreboard next year. If I remember right the last scoreboard debuted in 2011 and judging by the every ten years mentioned above 2021 might be the debut season of said scoreboard. The seats also are due for replacement!

I really question anyone that says they don't like the B&G. Like they're trying to be contrarian. If you don't like that I don't know what your appreciation for design/art can be. It's simply the most ingenious logo in any sport. I don't think any are even close. It was stupid of the team to ever move away from it.

I'd rather the Packers move away from 70s green and mustard yellow (I know it'll never happen) than to see the Brewers drop that logo.

I don't like it. Build something now instead of living in the past. If this team wasn't dog crap for 25 years, nobody would be as vocal about bringing the logo back but since it was the logo when the Brewers had their first (and basically only) success until recently, people seem attached to it. Cut the cord.

Archived