Brewer Fanatic

Primary Logo

brewmann04

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They keep subtly upping the use of the MB/ball-glove logo, but if they'd made any change from the M/barley logo as the primary, it would've been loudly announced by the team and endlessly discussed here.

I really hope the increased usage of the ball-in-glove logo is a precursor to switching the official logo. Though with the M becoming official only last year I suspect it may not be the case.

Well MLB is going to switch jersey suppliers Under Armour to Nike in 2020. There are multiple teams that are planning to “rebrand” because of in 2020 so it’s possible.

It is going to happen, the writing is on the wall. The tarp over the sign in Maryville and the fact the BIG is already used on everything. They are just waiting for the big rebrand. Whether that be with the UA jerseys or when the stadium name changes. Changing the logo away from the Miller “M” also means changing the script on the front of the uniforms...it’s nuch more than a different logo slapped on. They have essentially already changed the primary logo.

The BIG logo is going to be the primary logo soon. Everyone will rejoice. If I am wrong I’d be shocked. Seems to be quite obvious.

Community Moderator
Well MLB is going to switch jersey suppliers Under Armour to Nike in 2020. There are multiple teams that are planning to “rebrand” because of in 2020 so it’s bound to happen.

They are going from Majestic to Nike in 2020. Back in 2016 Under Armour initially agreed to a deal to become the MLB uniform provider by 2020, but that deal ultimately fell through and Nike took over as the official uniform supplier (Link).

Easily the worst part of the deal is the possibility that the Nike swoosh ends up on the front of the jerseys similar to what Nike already does on their college baseball jerseys (Link).

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I'm curious - do people like the newer dark blue and yellow BIG look better? Or the old royal blue and yellow?

I'm a much bigger fan of the old royal blue and yellow color scheme.

And yes please with changing the script on the front of the uni's, never been a fan of it at all.

I am not Shea Vucinich

We've had this discussion before a few times, and it's hotly debated.

My opinion - you have people that absolutely love the Ball-in-Glove and others who prefer the Barley (either because they think the old logo is living in the past or its just personal preference). So from a marketing perspective, why on earth would they ever declare one over the other? The confusion over which is the preferred logo works so well in terms of merchandise sales. What they're doing now is the best of both worlds.

Gruber Lawffices

Not sure the M and barley will survive the rebranding...but something tells me it won’t...but that is just a guess. The logo and the scripting is straight from the Miller logo. For that reason I just see it going away with Miller.

I am excited to see the jerseys for the rebrand though (yes I just assume it is a thing). Will they just pull similar script from the retro uniforms or will it be different? I also am interested to see how the new logo would even look on white uniforms...seems like it would not work well.

I am really dreaming of a modern day pinstripe with the new color format. I hope that is included somehow.

As far as preference I like the retro color scheme more. That is coming from someone with no attachment to the era. That being said I think the new color scheme is a better idea. Let the retro be retro. I like it as a refreshing thing here and there in the season.

I'm curious - do people like the newer dark blue and yellow BIG look better? Or the old royal blue and yellow?

I'm a much bigger fan of the old royal blue and yellow color scheme.

And yes please with changing the script on the front of the uni's, never been a fan of it at all.

To me, the current dark blue/yellow is much better than the old royal blue/yellow. The shift to the darker blue was the best part of the uniform and logo change.

I’d like to see the BiG become the primary logo, while updating the script on the uniforms. Wouldn’t mind seeing a mock-up of a pinstripe uniform in the current color combo.

Not sure the M and barley will survive the rebranding...but something tells me it won’t...but that is just a guess. The logo and the scripting is straight from the Miller logo. For that reason I just see it going away with Miller.

I am excited to see the jerseys for the rebrand though (yes I just assume it is a thing). Will they just pull similar script from the retro uniforms or will it be different? I also am interested to see how the new logo would even look on white uniforms...seems like it would not work well.

I am really dreaming of a modern day pinstripe with the new color format. I hope that is included somehow.

As far as preference I like the retro color scheme more. That is coming from someone with no attachment to the era. That being said I think the new color scheme is a better idea. Let the retro be retro. I like it as a refreshing thing here and there in the season.

I agree with this one. The "M" is more or less and advertisement for Miller. With that agreement ending, I'd imagine that logo isn't far behind. EVERYTHING I get from the Brewers is branded with the BIG logo, all of their press conferences use hats/jerseys with that logo. It's already happening more or less.

I agree with this one. The "M" is more or less and advertisement for Miller. With that agreement ending, I'd imagine that logo isn't far behind. EVERYTHING I get from the Brewers is branded with the BIG logo, all of their press conferences use hats/jerseys with that logo. It's already happening more or less.

I am guessing the new BIG logo made an appearance before the rebranding just to double dip on merchandise sales. They can sell a ton of stuff now and then everyone will want the new stuff when the new scripting (and possible other alterations) happen.

Honestly, I do not think it will really matter as the Brewers will certainly use both. I foresee the royal & yellow and navy & yellow being used with one being the main logo and the other being the alternate. I for one prefer the royal and yellow, simply from it being the historical Brewers logo and colors. No, it has nothing to do with this being the logo from their hey day. It has everything to do with the royal & yellow being the Brewers to me.

As I mentioned in another thread, what I am anticipating the Brewers changing to with the uniform is hiding in plain sight at American Family Fields of Phoenix.

Look at the number and name font on the walk of fame leading to the stadium. Look at the historical number wall. Look at the font on the welcoming sign to the stadium. None of these fonts have been used previously in Milwaukee and are the most prominent feature in Maryvale. Shouldn't all of this be in the Times New Roman font if the uniform were remaining the same?

Based on what I am seeing, I absolutely love the new new number and name font. Much better than the Times New Roman of the M with barley uniforms and more unique than the ball and glove font.

I would also venture to guess they either told or the media in Milwaukee is choosing to not bring up a possible rebranding. Because lets be honest anyone would question why a $60mil renovation has a tarp with the logo on the main sign.

I would also venture to guess they either told or the media in Milwaukee is choosing to not bring up a possible rebranding. Because lets be honest anyone would question why a $60mil renovation has a tarp with the logo on the main sign.

Great point Plush.

I sent a question to Adam McCalvy regarding this during the hoopla of the opening of the park and didn't hear anything back.

Wow great catch, I did not notice that at all. Seems to be all but a guarantee the Miller M and barley are on their way out.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Honestly, I do not think it will really matter as the Brewers will certainly use both. I foresee the royal & yellow and navy & yellow being used with one being the main logo and the other being the alternate. I for one prefer the royal and yellow, simply from it being the historical Brewers logo and colors. No, it has nothing to do with this being the logo from their hey day. It has everything to do with the royal & yellow being the Brewers to me.

As I mentioned in another thread, what I am anticipating the Brewers changing to with the uniform is hiding in plain sight at American Family Fields of Phoenix.

Look at the number and name font on the walk of fame leading to the stadium. Look at the historical number wall. Look at the font on the welcoming sign to the stadium. None of these fonts have been used previously in Milwaukee and are the most prominent feature in Maryvale. Shouldn't all of this be in the Times New Roman font if the uniform were remaining the same?

Based on what I am seeing, I absolutely love the new new number and name font. Much better than the Times New Roman of the M with barley uniforms and more unique than the ball and glove font.

I posted in the name change thread that there's al lot of red in Maryvale, so I could see that being used as an accent color. And the typeface on everything there is much better than what they are currently using. Having said that, Barrelman or bust. There is no other option.

I posted in the name change thread that there's al lot of red in Maryvale, so I could see that being used as an accent color. And the typeface on everything there is much better than what they are currently using. Having said that, Barrelman or bust. There is no other option.

I’m pretty sure red was already an accent color for the Brewers due to the stitching on the baseball on the Brewers script logo. That might have changed when they made the M logo the official logo prior to last year.

milwaukee-brewers-logo-C3C8EB178E-seeklogo.com.png

I’m pretty sure red was already an accent color for the Brewers due to the stitching on the baseball on the Brewers script logo. That might have changed when they made the M logo the official logo prior to last year.

milwaukee-brewers-logo-C3C8EB178E-seeklogo.com.png

I don't know if I would count that as an accent color. I thought I remember there being a lot of red used in graphics and things right after Miller Park opened. I could be wrong though.

I don't know if I would count that as an accent color. I thought I remember there being a lot of red used in graphics and things right after Miller Park opened. I could be wrong though.

I’m pretty sure it was listed as an official accent color because of that... brick red IIRC.

Not sure I’d personally count it as an accent color either though.

Archived