Brewer Fanatic

2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Eye Black
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woodruff gave up a 2 run homer to Machado in the first......has been dominant since then.....2 hits and just the 2 runs through 4 2/3 ...7 Ks 1 walk.

I don’t understand how some people think our starting pitching isn’t a massive strength THIS year. 5 starters better than Davies a strength.

interesting to see players (tyler saladino and cory spangenberg) playing in a major league exhibition game hours after being optioned. i wonder if the brewers did that as a courtesy to give them a head start in finding housing in san antonio, instead of optioning them after the game.

Davies with another one of those outings where he struggles through the first inning, running up a high(ish) pitchcount and gives up a few runs. Only to from then on efficiently mow them down with the pitch count in good shape. Team should hire a hypnotist to make Zach think it's always the 4th inning in July and he'd be an ace.

EDIT: Dugout interview with Davies, said that since his first start will be against the Reds today was all about trying to get through it while just throwing mostly fastballs and working on locating it. I just have the game on in the background so didn't actually watch all that much so didn't really notice myself. I've always been a Davies fan, so really hoping he has a good season.

You know what? GOOD! I would hate that he (or anybody) got hurt on that astroturf field they have (unless they changed it and, if so, I apologize to the citizens of Montreal.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Braun apparently forgot his passport and thus won’t be able to play in Montreal. Lol

Don't they have the option to put your passport right on your drivers license now? Seems odd that people who travel out of the country on a yearly basis wouldn't take advantage of that.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Counsell using Brown Sanchez Perdomo a sign of things to come some time after S 2. Least this sept.

Those three young guys are going to be fun to follow this year. Picking up an arm like Perdomo, especially with the dearth of power lefties in the system, was a genius move. I think Sanchez is going to play a big role in the pen this year too.

Archived