Brewer Fanatic

2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Eye Black
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peralta’s line today is one of the oddest box score/stat line’s I’ve ever seen. He appeared to be absolutely lights out with the Kd but also gave up a bunch of hits/BB.

Two of his hits were a seeing eye grounder and a fly ball that Ray lost in the sun. In fact that homer he gave up to Bour should've been a solo shot instead of 3-run. First batter reached on a strikeout that Kratz let get to the backstop, the second was the fly ball Ray didn't see so instead of pitching to Bour with two outs and nobody on he was pitching to him with two on and nobody out.

Pitchers had been waiting for this the (first?) day without the DH. Corbin Burnes singles, walks and scores a run. Adrian Houser hits a 2-run HR.

And great to see Jimmy with 2 solid scoreless innings. Hasn't walked a batter yet.

Jimmy wasn't done, went out there for the 9th. Three more Ks, one hit that comes around to score on an error.

Well, that should calm some fears a bit. Long season, and a lot can happen, but so far, so good.

Negative nellies gonna still be vocal with lot to overcome cause it’s “the shoulder”and even if he’s healthy 2017 an “outlier” talk till it’s not.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Jimmy wasn't done, went out there for the 9th. Three more Ks, one hit that comes around to score on an error.

Well, that should calm some fears a bit. Long season, and a lot can happen, but so far, so good.

Negative nellies gonna still be vocal with lot to overcome cause it’s “the shoulder”and even if he’s healthy 2017 an “outlier” talk till it’s not.

I wouldn't say its so much being negative, as we've kinda been conditioned as long-time Brewer fans to expect the worst with it comes to player health.

I wouldn't say its so much being negative, as we've kinda been conditioned as long-time Brewer fans to expect the worst with it comes to player health.

I've said previously I think Nelson is capable of 25 GS, 140 IP & a 110 ERA+ in 2019. That would easily be the 2nd best season of his career & is better than any of the publicly available projections for Jimmy.

I'd say that makes me more of an optimistic ollie or realistic ricky than it makes me a negative nelly.

Hopefully six months from now Jimmy's 2017 will no longer be an outlier, but until then, by definition, it is.

Your being awfully kind, but ok I’ll buy the longtime brewer fan conditioned to expect the worst excuse. Time to turn the page, it’s a new era of brewer baseball! In Stearns we trust!

The difference is some people understand it isn't a given that he is just 100% rebound instantly with no setbacks of any type.

Nobody has said Nelson can't have a great season, you just can't assume that it is the only result, it make no sense to do that.

Archived