Brewer Fanatic

2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Eye Black
Corey Ray just hit a missile over the right field fence and into another county.......

The guy has all the tools to be an extremely successful, exciting major league player. I'm stoked to follow him this year. I predict that he'll either make an impact at the major league level this season, or will be involved in a trade for someone at a different position who will.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aaron Wilkerson will not cede the biggest home run giver-upper title to Chase Anderson.

Pitching his way to DFA land, that's for sure.

Surprised he's been on the 40 man this long tbh. He doesn't have good stuff and he's not young so there's really no upside with him.

I don't think we should get too carried away by the pitchers. A lot of these guys are specifically working on FB command, I don't think we need to be concerned until maybe mid-March.

Thank you.

Like clockwork every year we see conclusions drawn without proper context. This early in ST players are working on things that are in no way reflective of the approach they'd have in a game that counted. Pitchers working on specific pitches, batters working on getting deeper into counts or going the other way, etc. Spring training numbers have ZERO correlation to the regular season. How often do we see Spring MVPs flame out come April? And how many players suffer from March slumber only to awaken the moment the calendar flips. The answer is: each and every year. Players fighting for a roster spot are usually not experimenting, they're trying to post numbers. The problem is they're facing competition that might not be worried about performance. The only people with a true sense of whether a player is struggling or sacrificing results in the name of fine tuning, are the teams themselves.

CC mentioned being here 15 years & not seeing many hit that far, called it Prince Fielder territory. Ray is just so explosive! Those HRs he just snaps so quick. Love to see his exit velocity. These hits are just rockets. Have to be 110 plus on HRs. They leave so quickly

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

I realize Spring Training stats are mostly meaningless, and 10 AB’s isn’t even enough to qualify as a small sample size, but Corey Ray’s Spring Training stats after a few games: 5-for-10, 2B, 2 HR, BB, 3 SO.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think Alex Claudio is going to be fun to watch this year. Really nasty movement and mix of speeds.

Yeah I think I'm going to enjoy the sight of batters being completely fooled by that 70 mph changeup. Very unusual skill set, I always like seeing atypical or unusual or just plain weird players and playing styles have success in sports.

Community Moderator
This Mauricio Dubon story is baffling. It is either an indictment on the state of the Brewers’ team nutritionists and performance nutrition department, or of Dubon himself. Maybe he is overstating it, but in 2019 there is no excuse for a player one step shy of playing in the major leagues to have a diet so poor that the fallout is hospitalization.

This Mauricio Dubon story is baffling. It is either an indictment on the state of the Brewers’ team nutritionists and performance nutrition department, or of Dubon himself. Maybe he is overstating it, but in 2019 there is no excuse for a player one step shy of playing in the major leagues to have a diet so poor that the fallout is hospitalization.

Brewers are in no way to blame for this. They can’t control everything a player puts in body 24/7. He got ulcers... they are nasty & even people with amazing diets can get. Stress is a leading cause. Acidic food & drinks cause it to intensify. You can’t know if you have an ulcer unless a GI doctor sends a camera in. Having had them before, it’s tough. Hard to eat. Feel like you are about to puke all the time, pain in stomach, and so on. Only thing is they could have had him go in earlier. He probably hid it from them & tried to gut it out. They will clear up & weight will come back.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Community Moderator
Brewers are in no way to blame for this. They can’t control everything a player puts in body 24/7. He got ulcers... they are nasty & even people with amazing diets can get. Stress is a leading cause. Acidic food & drinks cause it to intensify. You can’t know if you have an ulcer unless a GI doctor sends a camera in. Having had them before, it’s tough. Hard to eat. Feel like you are about to puke all the time, pain in stomach, and so on. Only thing is they could have had him go in earlier. He probably hid it from them & tried to gut it out. They will clear up & weight will come back.

Thanks, that actually clears up a lot. Stress as a lead cause and acidic food/drinks as a contributor, instead of just a terrible diet, makes more sense.

Archived