Brewer Fanatic

2019 Spring Training In-Game Thread

Eye Black
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Erceg just a guy who plays better at pro level? He has always excelled in small samples in Spring when in lineup but then is just alright in minors come season. Talent there, still waiting for him to just breakout.

If you read all the comments from Turang, he has an impressive baseball mindset for a young kid.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

If you read all the comments from Turang, he has an impressive baseball mindset for a young kid.

Really looking forward top watching him this summer in Appleton.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It is going to be fun watching Ray have a monster year...I don't care that there are apparently at least 200 other better prospects - dude looks the part

Arbitrary prospect ranking lists aside, Ray proved last year that he is the real deal. I hope/think that he's going to be a stud in San Antonio this year, and likely be getting MLB time by mid season, beating Hiura to the punch. He is the type of guy that can make a big splash early on in his career with quick wrists and quick-twitch type muscle response. Unfortunately that is also the type of play that often battles various injuries that can sap those gifts. That said, I think this is the year he establishes himself as a big-time, highly recognized prospect.

Don't sell Troy Stokes short. He's probably likely to be a very good asset as well. He's shown his power spike was real, he has speed, and OBP skills, too.

It is going to be fun watching Ray have a monster year...I don't care that there are apparently at least 200 other better prospects - dude looks the part

Arbitrary prospect ranking lists aside, Ray proved last year that he is the real deal. I hope/think that he's going to be a stud in San Antonio this year, and likely be getting MLB time by mid season, beating Hiura to the punch. He is the type of guy that can make a big splash early on in his career with quick wrists and quick-twitch type muscle response. Unfortunately that is also the type of play that often battles various injuries that can sap those gifts. That said, I think this is the year he establishes himself as a big-time, highly recognized prospect.

Don't sell Troy Stokes short. He's probably likely to be a very good asset as well. He's shown his power spike was real, he has speed, and OBP skills, too.

I like Stokes too, but if he can't get that average up, he's going to end up being a blip on the radar. A .233 average isn't going to cut it for a player with his skillset and measurables.

Interesting you mention Michael Reed as he absolutely destroyed the minors last season...

AA: 314/446/493 (170 wRC+)

AAA: 363/459/539 (185 wRC+)

Obviously BABIPs of .426 (AA) & .479 (AAA) are unsustainable but looks like he might be on the Mitch Haniger path.

Interesting you mention Michael Reed as he absolutely destroyed the minors last season...

Obviously BABIPs of .426 (AA) & .479 (AAA) are unsustainable but looks like he might be on the Mitch Haniger path.

Really impressive year for sure. Surprised he was never really given a chance/look with Braves. See if Twins give him an opportunity to be more than just minor league depth.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Chase Anderson to the DL with a neck strain. That ball by Tatis Jr. was an absolute rocket.

By the time he got his head turned around it was already over the fence.

Hedges just hit one that hasn't landed yet too.

I was really hopeful that Anderson would figure out his HR issues, but early returns are not looking too promising.

Reed is far from Haniger. All these guys will be AAAA players

Chase Anderson to the DL with a neck strain. That ball by Tatis Jr. was an absolute rocket.

By the time he got his head turned around it was already over the fence.

Hedges just hit one that hasn't landed yet too.

I was really hopeful that Anderson would figure out his HR issues, but early returns are not looking too promising.

Hedges was a bomb. Tatis HR would be a double at Miller Park.

I like Stokes too, but if he can't get that average up, he's going to end up being a blip on the radar. A .233 average isn't going to cut it for a player with his skillset and measurables.

Yep, his skillset requires a .247 average. :)

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived