1. Cain

2. Yelich

3. Braun

4. Shaw

5. Aguilar

6. Grandal

7. Moose

8. Arcia

If Arcia can just be around .250 they should have one of the top offenses in baseball.

As a side note...Thank you for owning this team Mark Attanasio. His commitment to winning in the smallest market in baseball is unreal.

What happens if Hiura gets called up

Spangenberg or Gamel gets optioned, and on any given day we'll have a bench of Piña, Perez and two from Hiura/Moose/Shaw/Aguilar/Braun/Thames with the other four playing. Could also spell the end of Thames of course, but IMO should only do that for a decent return, not just for the sake of it.

I'd have prefered an actual 2B, but I'm OK with this. We know who Moose is, and clearly he liked Milwaukee and the players, coaches and front office liked Moose. It makes the team better, there's no long term risk involved. Similar to last season we'd be talking about a logjam, but it worked itself out then and it will again. Having too many good players is never a bad problem to have.

Great addition. Lineup is nunzeo. While Thames could technically still be on the 25 since Perez can play any position trading him would offset 60% of the Moose signing so he'd essentially cost 4M above the current team salary. That would still leave Keuchel in play.

This does nothing to prevent Hiura from coming up when the Brewers deem him ready. It's free service time shortly into the season anyway. So whether he's merely starting a couple games per week at 2b, pinch hitting every night and/or playing DH/2b on the road vs AL teams he deepens the lineup even more. There's a 0% chance he's sitting in AAA until he's needed to DH for AL road games or until Sept as a call up given his bat is already MLB ready.

Projection systems like Moose this year. ZiPS project him for 3.2 fWAR with less than 600 PA, and PECOTA have him at 2.5 WARP. Normally these things are fairly conservative, it's encouraging to see that at least two of them see something they like.

Projection systems like Moose this year. ZiPS project him for 3.2 fWAR with less than 600 PA, and PECOTA have him at 2.5 WARP. Normally these things are fairly conservative, it's encouraging to see that at least two of them see something they like.

That's good to hear. Other than facing righties at Miller Park, I don't have a lot of faith in him.

I really like the idea of keeping that lineup the same from last year with Grandal as sole addition. I thought the team was unified as a whole in a way the Brewers haven’t been in decades and keeping a group together that came as close as they did last season should only intensify the comradery.

I am surprised Moose wasn’t locked up on a multi year deal by another team. It seems a bit crazy that a player with his talent has had to sign 1 year deals over the past 2 seasons. Although, Machado still being unsigned is probably affecting that a bit.

Archived