Brewer Fanatic

American Family Fields of Phoenix

markedman5

I guess we can extrapolate that Miller Park will become American Family Field. Not the worst that could have happened. Just leave the word Insurance out of it.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Yeah, I guess I'm OK with American Family Field - and I'm sure we'll all shorten it to Am Fam Field. Not nearly in the same ballpark (excuse the pun) as Miller Park, but at least it's not terrible. And I'm sure we all can agree that it's nowhere near as bad as Guaranteed Rate Field.

Yeah, I guess I'm OK with American Family Field - and I'm sure we'll all shorten it to Am Fam Field. Not nearly in the same ballpark (excuse the pun) as Miller Park, but at least it's not terrible. And I'm sure we all can agree that it's nowhere near as bad as Guaranteed Rate Field.

Shouldn't the focus of this thread be that awesome new facility rather than whatever people call it?

Nobody's stopping you, go for it!

I thought I was by referring to it as an awesome new facility. It looks fantastic.

Shouldn't the focus of this thread be that awesome new facility rather than whatever people call it?

Nobody's stopping you, go for it!

I thought I was by referring to it as an awesome new facility. It looks fantastic.

[sarcasm]Maybe if it was Miller Park of Phoenix.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Can't wait to hear back reports on the facility from fans when games start. It sounds phenomenal from the players perspective, so hopefully the fan experience will be top-notch as well. I know a major concern some fans had going into the renovation was that the access to players at Maryvale was unmatched and many were hoping that would be maintained.
Gruber Lawffices

I love Spring Training. I will be out there again for the Los Angeles Angels game in Maryvale on March 14th. I will also be attending Brewers games that weekend at Surprise and Camelback Ranch.

Everything about the neighborhood has been well documented but the stadium and experience was solid prior to renovations. I am really looking forward to the upgrades. The larger concourse will be a very welcome addition, especially when you go to places like Tempe Diablo Stadium.

Go Crew!

• 2 weeks later...

Ballpark Digest had a nice writeup on the renovations at Maryvale with a few pictures:

https://ballparkdigest.com/2019/02/26/touring-american-family-fields-of-phoenix-milwaukee-brewers/

I got to see the complex on February 20. I don't know what it was like prior to the renovations, but it sure looked impressive.

Community Moderator
i was impressed. i was there tuesday and yesterday. the weight room is visible from across the agility field. it's massive.

and the new scoreboard is very nice.

I was there today—agreed, the facility is impressive and something the Brewers can be proud of. One complaint—I heard the concessions used to be worse but they are still not good and the beer selection is terrible. There are a number of enticing taquerias in the surrounding neighborhood that I should have tried instead, could have had a whole meal for the price of a brat.

• 2 weeks later...
The ability to field a second AZL team (thus more talent in the system) and the addition of the cutting edge sports science facilities are worth 400 parking spaces and longer concession lines at a spring training faculty that might see 3000 people on a given day. My concern is with the output of the major league team and the improvements made will, in theory, do that. From that perspective, I consider it a significant win for the fans.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• 2 years later...

Archived