Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign Brett Lawrie? [Latest: Brewers Release Lawrie]

Lathund
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that there is an option for next year, does that imply he would have to be on the 40 man roster for the team to exercise its option? It seems that if they could exercise their option for 2020 without adding Lawrie to the 40 man roster he would be Rule 5 eligible?

Interesting that there is an option for next year, does that imply he would have to be on the 40 man roster for the team to exercise its option? It seems that if they could exercise their option for 2020 without adding Lawrie to the 40 man roster he would be Rule 5 eligible?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to be on the 40 man for the team to exercise the option. I would guess he would be eligible for the Rule 5 which certainly makes that an interesting situation.

I really like the Brewers approach with him. It’s Stearns and his team thinking outside the box. Taking a long term flyer on an interesting player. I like the medical/science based strategy and hope it’s successful enough to help others with extensive injury histories.

• 3 months later...
I think this was also mentioned in the minor league transaction thread, but since we had 100+ posts on the subject in this thread we will note it here...

Brewers Release Brett Lawrie

This is too bad. Lawrie seems like his issues are more than just physical. It's a shame. I thought he was going to be a helluva baseball player for a long time. I pretty much thought he was a more athletic version of Keston with an inferior hit tool, but a better arm and more versatility.

But he doesn't sound well.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Community Moderator

I hope it works out of course but I predict he will be released without ever seeing the big league club.

Let it be known that I got at least one prediction right after 15+ years on this forum!

I hope it works out of course but I predict he will be released without ever seeing the big league club.

Let it be known that I got at least one prediction right after 15+ years on this forum!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d0cd09a733153442e8ddbb3&rid=giphy.gif

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived