Brewer Fanatic

2019 July 2 International Signing Rumors

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with all the excitement on Herbert Perez. It’s not just the power, it’s that he’s got a nice hit tool and stroke with the power. It’s good that they project him for center but with his arm I could see him in right.

Eduardo Garcia is chronologically ahead but he’s the other international guy who I’m highest on. There are some others including the young center fielder, Carlos Rodriguez and Luis Medina who is highly touted. Who knows, in a year or two we might have 4 of our top ten prospects being international guys.

When all is said and done, I am cautiously optimistic that if you take a snapshot of our current prospect list, it will prove to be a good crop and not the bottom where they are ranked. You take the four international guys I mentioned, add in Antoine Kelly and Drew Rasmussen as high upside pitchers, plus Small and Ashby as solid starting prospects, Turang and Lutz with their youth and upside, Feliciano and Henry at catcher, and you’ve got the makings of a very strong list. A guy like Bickford could really re-emerge as well.

I agree with all the excitement on Herbert Perez. It’s not just the power, it’s that he’s got a nice hit tool and stroke with the power. It’s good that they project him for center but with his arm I could see him in right.

Eduardo Garcia is chronologically ahead but he’s the other international guy who I’m highest on. There are some others including the young center fielder, Carlos Rodriguez and Luis Medina who is highly touted. Who knows, in a year or two we might have 4 of our top ten prospects being international guys.

When all is said and done, I am cautiously optimistic that if you take a snapshot of our current prospect list, it will prove to be a good crop and not the bottom where they are ranked. You take the four international guys I mentioned, add in Antoine Kelly and Drew Rasmussen as high upside pitchers, plus Small and Ashby as solid starting prospects, Turang and Lutz with their youth and upside, Feliciano and Henry at catcher, and you’ve got the makings of a very strong list. A guy like Bickford could really re-emerge as well.

I agree. All of those could do well. Lucas Erceg and Jacob Nottingham could have the light bulb come on. Quintin Torres-Costa could come back from injury.

Then there are the quieter types - Cooper Hummel, Clayton Andrews, Weston Wilson, David Fry, Cam Devanny, Korry Howell, Dylan File, Thomas Jankins,and Scott Sunitsch.

Archived